• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time from aptitude test till basic(if eligible)

Denty618

Inactive
Reaction score
How much time can you estimate I will have to continue upping my fitness before I have to go to basic (if I am eligible and they choose me)? I'm not stupid, just above average seeing as I was in honours through highschool. I have been practicing IQ exams and CFAT samples online for the past month and my aptitude exam is this week. I know the test is harder than they like too tell you upfront. Im not saying its going to be easy, but I am confident I will pass. However, my physical fitness is fairly low. I ran a triathlon in June after training for 6 months so its not like im not completely out of shape, but I haven't done anything active since the start of this month (October) and got a little to friendly with the brewery we have in town. I run everyday, do my pushups situps and pullups but still need more time to prepare. How long does it take on average from the time you take your aptitude too the time you're in basic? I dont want to meet the bare minimum as I already can(besides my run time). Im 18, trying to become infantry for awhile, then military police with hopes of branching out of the forces and into the RCMP in 10 years.

Going into Int has a pretty gruesome delay, but for me, my CFAT was on January 31st, and i walked into CFLRS on September 10th.

Hey man, good choices. I'm doing the same thing except I may go the civy firefighter route instead not to sure yet. I applied for MP firefighting and inf 4weeks ago.

My online application was accepted two days later and I got an email to set up an appointment for the CFAT three days after my application email. To this day I'm still waiting on a call back or email back but from what I heard so far it's normal to take 2-4weeks for that.

I've read many other people's stories and on average I'd say one year. Some people have gotten in way quicker and way longer. It just depends how busy they are I guess. From the time you take your test to the time you get into basic I'm guessing it will be 7-9 months.

You will have lots of time to train man. Hope to see you there in the next year!

this can really take anywhere from weeks to years.

Are you applying for Regular or Reserve Forces?

in my case, my whole application process took almost 3 years (Jan 2014 - Nov 2016). did the medical, interview and CFAT within 3 months of applying, then waited 2.5 years until i was in.  and since the Fitness test results are only valid for one year, i had to re-do twice.

But i've always gave myself the motivation to use all that waiting time to work on my fitness.

as for CFAT, its not about pass/fail, so there's no such thing as "confident i will pass" thing. its: 1. you meet the CFAT mark for your trade. 2. your CFAT mark compared to other applicants for that trade.

Back