• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The WTF News Files

From yesterday's Daily Sun newspaper front page published where I am at present in Africa.  Shared under provisions of Sec 29 of the copyright act. 

My wife spotted the headline and lost her composure...  of course, I HAD to buy a copy of the paper. 

CHICKEN RAPIST PAYS DAMAGES!
- Furious owner: He looked happy... he was enjoying himself

by Alex Nkosi

When the 17-year old boy took a long time to pluck the chickens, Dimakatso went to find out what was happening.
What she saw has put her off chicken for the rest of her life.
THE BOY WAS POKING ONE OF THE DEAD CHICKENS!

Dimakatso Marolota (23), from Mahwelereng, near Mokopane, Limpopo said she had asked the teenager to slaughter and clean the chickens for her.  "He had the chicken in his lap and was busy raping it from behind while plucking it", she said.  "He looked happy.  It was obvious he was enjoying himself." 

Dimakatso then checked the other chicken and found that it had also been violated.  "The boy confessed to me that chickens turn him on,  I have never seen something like this before.  I have heard that people rape animals  but I didn't  believe it.  What I saw made me sick." 

Meanwhile, Dimakatso has lost her appetite for chicken.  "His actions have put me off for some time.", she said.  Dimakatso said the boy had plucked chickens for her before.  "I don't even want to think what he did to them.  He is sick and needs help."

She spoke to the boy's parents and they paid R90 in damages.  The  boy's 19-year old sister said it was fair to give Dimakatso the cash to buy two more chickens.  "My brother is naughty and we were not surprised that he did that.", she told the Daily Sun.  She said they cooked the two chickens and had a lovely dinner.

jollyjacktar said:
From yesterday's Daily Sun newspaper front page published where I am at present in Africa.  Shared under provisions of Sec 29 of the copyright act. 

My wife spotted the headline and lost her composure...  of course, I HAD to buy a copy of the paper.

I had to stifle the laughter that was about to erupt in the hospital would have been somewhat inappropriate. Wait til I get to the truck.....

I hear one of our Infantry Regiments is actively recruiting him.

What?  You knew someone was going to say it.

recceguy said:
I hear one of our Infantry Regiments is actively recruiting him.

What?  You knew someone was going to say it.

56 minutes from the original post...actually took longer than I expected! 

Ya KNOW that had to be front page!
DailySunApril72014.png

GR66 said:
56 minutes from the original post...actually took longer than I expected!

I know many of us thought that as well.  Perhaps there is some truth to old myths from days served in Indja.

Ironically it is a South African paper to, didn't the whole thing start because of an alleged incident back when a certain Regiment was serving there during the Boer War? 8)

Danjanou said:
Ironically it is a South African paper to, didn't the whole thing start because of an alleged incident back when a certain Regiment was serving there during the Boer War? 8)

A private from D Coy was court-martialled for stealing a chicken. This led LCol Otter to berate the battalion, calling them a bunch of chicken stealers. When I describe this, I add that he was half right.

Old Sweat said:
A private from D Coy was court-martialled for stealing a chicken. This led LCol Otter to berate the battalion, calling them a bunch of chicken stealers. When I describe this, I add that he was half right.
THIS is the military history our kids should be learning!  >:D

milnews.ca said:
Ya KNOW that had to be front page!
DailySunApril72014.png

The young lady above the "interesting" headline is also a good story.  She's taken over Granny's, "medical" practice with the snakes.  Apparently she conducts her affairs in the buff at times.  (why is our medical system soooo boring?) 

Thanks, Tony, for bringing up the front page like that. 

jollyjacktar said:
Thanks, Tony, for bringing up the front page like that.
Once you brought up the headline, finding the picture was easy - thanks for sharing!

How could you not share?  It's too good to waste.  There was another chicken story a day or so later.  No sex, though...  but I am finding the African papers very entertaining to say the least.

Both Uganda and Kenya have some entertaining ones especially if there's a "gay" scandal. PC they are not.

TWO PEOPLE DIE FETCHING CELLPHONE FROM SEPTIC TANK IN CHINA

A man and his mother died trying to retrieve a new cellphone from a toilet septic tank in China, Agence France-Presse reports.

The man's wife had dropped the new phone in an open-pit toilet in the central Chinese village of Xinxiang.

When the husband jumped in to get it, he was overcome by the fumes and passed out.

His mother went in after him, but also lost consciousness.

Finally, the woman, her father and two neighbours went in to rescue the pair.

Other villagers used ropes to retrieve the six people, but the man who went in first and his mother didn't survive. 

SUN News

A One Direction fanatic was killed yesterday by her father after buying a VIP concert ticket. Gracelyn, or Grace, was found dead inside the bathroom by her little brother. When the police arrived, the victim’s father was sitting on the corner of the victim’s bedroom with a knife on his hand and his shirt full of blood.
According to the initial investigation, the money that was used in buying the ticket was her tuition fee as the victim is an upcoming 3rd year college. The father worked hard in saving twenty thousand pesos for studies.
The father is now facing a murder charge.

Read more at http://www.pinoydailyjournals.com/entertainment/filipina-one-direction-fan-bought-vip-ticket-killed-by-her-father.html#wLRERi0upwJtUCo3.99

This is a half satire though. There are students begging their parents to blow money worth tuition fee for one semester

I'd like to see her try this nude plate stunt in Revelstoke BC where there's more bears about...  ;D

Nearly naked PETA activist covered with BBQ sauce in Vancouver
CBC – Fri, 30 May, 2014

Amy Balcome, an almost naked PETA activist, was drizzled with barbecue sauce on a giant plate in downtown Vancouver Friday, asking people to "Try to Relate to Who is on Your Plate."

Balcome, 28, lay silently on the plate, emblazoned with the campaign slogan, alongside a salad and cutlery to scale, on the corner of West Georgia and Granville streets.

The registered holistic nutritionist joined PETA's international grassroots campaigns department in 2011 and volunteered for the street demonstration after seeing animals slaughtered in a video.

"I stopped eating meat, dairy and eggs. Getting the facts out to people and encouraging them to try vegan dining is the best way to save billions of animals from being abused and killed for food," said Balcome in a statement.

(...EDITED)

From CBC via Yahoo News

Only in Canada, eh!: The WTF News

What can you say after reading this, other than to sit and shake your head in amazement that we let this happen:

LINK

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.
Police not required to speak English: judgment

CTV Montreal
Published Friday, June 27, 2014 6:10PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, June 27, 2014 7:47PM EDT 

Police officers are not obliged to speak English under Bill 101, even when asked the reason for their arrest, according to a decision by Quebec’s Police Ethics Commission that read, in part, “a peace officer is under no legal obligation to communicate with a citizen in English while in the performance of his or her police duties.”

The statement came as part of a ruling concerning a complaint made by a black anglophone couple from Longueuil who complained that an officer had entered their home without a search warrant.

The couple’s teenaged sons had been arrested earlier in the evening while walking home on November 15, 2013 near the Panama bus terminal in Brossard. They were ticketed for jaywalking and interfering with the work of a police officer.

Nathan Picard, his brother and their mother Dominique Jacobs noted in a complaint to the Police Ethics Commission that the officers failed to inform the boys of the reason for their arrest in English.

Commissioner Helene Tremblay responded that, according to the province's Bill 101 language law, police had no obligation to communicate in English, a decision that the Center for Research-Action on Race Relations described as one which, "could significantly curtail anglophone Quebecers' rights."

"I'm not a lawyer, I could be wrong but from what i understand if a person is put under arrest or is involved in altercation with police, they have to know the reason it's for, they have to understand," said Dominique Jacobs, whose stepson was arrested.

CRARR, in a press release issued Thursday, asserted that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as well as Quebec’s Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms include the right to be informed of the grounds of one's arrest and that the Supreme Court has clearly stated that police are obliged to ensure that accused individuals understand their Charter rights.

"We're dealing with a municipality with a significant English population, we're dealing with a police force with English as a criteria for hiring. The residents of St. Lambert, Greenfield Park, Brossard and many parts of Longueuil who are English speaking or have ethnic background should feel concerned," said Niemi.

Longueuil police are required to have a working knowledge of English, according to their website.

Longueuil police escaped criticism in another recent judgment, which saw the Quebec Human Rights and Youth Commission dismiss a complaint lodged against an officer who reportedly asked a black anglophone woman how long she lived in Quebec and repeatedly tell her that she should speak French.

In 2012 Longueuil police were reprimanded for repeatedly pulling over a black resident driving a BMW.

As a vast majority of tourists to Quebec are Americans, many of them Afro-Americans, this is utter stupidity. 

George Wallace said:
Only in Canada, eh!: The WTF News

What can you say after reading this, other than to sit and shake your head in amazement that we let this happen:

LINK

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

As a vast majority of tourists to Quebec are Americans, many of them Afro-Americans, this is utter stupidity. 

The highlighted bit reminds me of a conversation I had at a mess dinner in Ft Drum, NY one year...the SSgt I was chatting with made a comment about how when he was posted in to 10th (MTN) Div, he'd been told to get his car insurance with a rider "written in Canadian" in case he went on leave over the border...I suspect this is might be a reason  ::).  I did of course have to ask "What language am I speaking right now?" and did point out that the coppers there do in in fact understand English, even if they choose pretend not to speak it.

MM

Back