• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

THE BAND OF BROTHERS IS THE BEST WW2 SERIES EVER!

My favorite episode is #6 (Bastogne). It‘s hard to say exactly why, they‘re all certainly excellent episodes. I think it must have something to do with the medic‘s kind of love storyline. It brought another (perhaps heightened) element of tragedy and emotion to the show. Also, the medic‘s drawling cajun accent and calm nature bring in an element of almost eerie calm, as if the audience is meant to feel just how worn out and tired these guys were in such extreme conditions.

All in all, Band of brothers is awsome

True I dont wanna say this but when the series ended I almost nearly felt like cryin because i wanted more and i felt bad for people like Garnier, Compton, Blithe and all the other casualties...and yah that spigetti thing was jokes sopels such as ***. My sgts made me do it once too thought its actually kinda funny until u puke...

Good Series. I think it will make it into the classic‘s category as well.

First In, Last Out..............

Usman_Syed, I felt the same way...After the series was over I wanted more! I wanted so see what happend to all in the company back home and especially LT Spears. I would have love to seen his carrer through Korea up to becoming a commander in Germany

Day of Day‘s (#2) and Carentan (#3) are my personal favorites - action-filled with great battles and being an armor junkie, I was thrilled to see a real Jagpanther and StuG III in Carentan. Breaking point wasn‘t bad either.
Favorite characters: Lt. Speirs and Garnier. Does anyone remember what happened to Garnier in the end? I forgot.
Speirs was an amazing guy, especially chasing that Tiger in Breaking Point.

On September 11 2003 we had just finished watching the episode with the artillery barrage in the Ardennes forest, and then some of us had gone back to our tents when Camp Warehouse in Kabul experienced it‘s first rocket/missile attack - thank goodness it didn‘t happen during the movie: We wouldn‘t have heard a thing ...

A propos to the comment that you‘d like to have been able to follow somebody‘s career after the Second Great hate, there‘s a series of books by W.E.B. Griffin - "Brotherhood of War" - starts in WWII and goes through Korea, Viet Nam, etc.

A friend of mine took these on vacation in Mexico and got sunburnt to a crisp (chuckle) - I used to read them at the cottage in the summer, when I could stay up all night and enjoy reading ... sigh ...

For some reason, somebody who read the entire series decided I should share the nickname "Duke"

Back