• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

THE BAND OF BROTHERS IS THE BEST WW2 SERIES EVER!

STOP POSTING IN ALL CAPS!!!

IT‘S INTERNET VERSION OF SHOUTING IN SOMEONE‘S FACE!

On that note, I like Ep6. The one with the medic.

Band of Brothers is a super awesome series. I love them all I can‘t pick a favorite.

Hmm I like the one with Foy and the Ardennes forest... where they get the shiessen shelled outta them.

I also like the one with Carentan. Poor Blithe. :(

Bastogne was my personal favs. The first one was pretty **** good with all the running and exhausting PT

Episode 7, The Breaking Point is the my favorite. As mentioned by Lexi it is the one which climaxes with the assault on Foy.

The best part is when Winters relieves Lt.Dyke, and sends Lt.Spears into action. I love how he immediately takes control of the situation, and then takes it upon himself to run through the enemy line to reach Item company on the other side of the city. Then he runs back. You know the part.

Anyway, I agree it is a very excellent series. They could have made it twice as long and I still wouldnt have lost interest.

Id love to see a Vietnam version. Kinda like FMJ only to a much largest extent. of course Speilberg needs to do it...

Originally posted by GrahamD:
[qb] Episode 7, The Breaking Point is the my favorite. As mentioned by Lexi it is the one which climaxes with the assault on Foy.

The best part is when Winters relieves Lt.Dyke, and sends Lt.Spears into action. I love how he immediately takes control of the situation, and then takes it upon himself to run through the enemy line to reach Item company on the other side of the city. Then he runs back. You know the part.

Anyway, I agree it is a very excellent series. They could have made it twice as long and I still wouldnt have lost interest. [/qb]
Yeah, that Lt. Spears is something else. Lt. Dyke, like Sgt. Lipton said, was an empty uniform. And like Lip said, he got alot of good men killed.

It‘s called "Tour of duty"
It‘s more like a soap opera really...I can‘t stand it haha.

Speilberg definetly needs to do it properly.

Tour of Duty is definatly not realistic. Soap it is....

I can watch it, but I want a movie with a little more realism in it.

i must agree Band of borthers is an amazing series, best military/war series ive ever seen. very expensive to purchase tho. Its 130$ to by the set, plus a shiny tin can that goes around it. I purchased the entire series for 30$ from rogers video, they were previously viewed, but in mint condition not a single scratch on them, and it was well worth the money, altho i didnt get the tin can :(

I love all of the episodes. Just picked up the DVD collection also. Got all 10 for 115$..

I think out of all of them bastogne is the best

I like the one part where Major Winters is sitting in his jeep as the German guy is addressing his troops and Capt.Sobel is walking buy and doesn‘t salute him but Winters makes him salute that was cool *nods*

Tour of Duty is cool, I don‘t know what you guys are talking about.

It came out over 17 years ago, and was a prime time network television "soap" style show. Naturaly its going to be lacking in the special effects department. You can‘t compare it to B.O.B obviously, but it‘s cool in its own right. Plus they had to moderate the content because it was network, and not cable unlike B.O.B. which origionaly aired on HBO.

They touched on a lot of subjects about the Vietnam war that many people would have prefered to ignore, and I think its right on that they made a show and put it right into peoples homes to force them to finally deal with some of the sad truths about that war.

Personally I‘ve always felt that the only reason they made that show was because of the movie PLATOON. A subject that was relatively taboo for 14 years, talking about Vietnam, the rampant drug abuse there, teenagers killing and dying, the very weird and surreal occurences, rapes, murders, massacres, etc., etc.... was all brought to light in that movie, and I think that it opened the door for people to explore those realities instead of just trying to forget that it ever happened.

So someone made a TV show to reach the masses who don‘t watch movies.

yea, Tour of Duty is a pretty cool show

BOB was a great mini-series

ok, i‘ll give them credit for covering topics that needed to be covered.

I‘ve seen all the episodes, and the poor effects STILL get under my skin.

come on the show was made in the late 80s, special effects werent the best at that time, but still they arent that bad

storyline/plot an things like that are more important than excellent top of the line special effects

:fifty:

Back