• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Krisz said:
Congratulations.

Have fun dealing with him ten years from now... know I'm having fun with my little brother.  ::)

Cheers,
Krisz

Hes just 4 days old now, He is so small and he cries rivers :)

So, Air Cadets about and around, how's everyone's year kicked off?

My Squadron had a Bush Exercise/Field Exercise (whatever you wish to call it) this past weekend... was quite enjoyable. They segregated us Seniors from the Junior Cdts, and more or less we spent the weekend doing practical leadership training/teamwork building. I'm defintely looking forward to this year.

Cheers,
Krisz

My squadron started things off with a NCO Training weekend(similar to a live-in), in which we went over all the necessary leadership and instruction techniques, (I.E.... lesson plans and stuff). we all got assigned classes and tasks for the year ( i was given 28 classes! :eek:). so all-in-all things look quite promising for the new year.

Well well well...it's been a long while since i've posted in this forum...alas, i am no longer an air cadet..rather...a former air cadet lol...yay uottawa!

Congrats to the new baby!
4 days old ... still crying rivers and making no mistakes yet.

You should be nice to him. He might become your CO one day.  :salute:

mandal said:
Well well well...it's been a long while since i've posted in this forum...alas, i am no longer an air cadet..rather...a former air cadet lol...yay uottawa!

Are you going to become a CI at one of the Ottawa units?

848 recently had a change of CO parade it was my first, and hopefully last, it wasn't hard but having to remember all my flag party drill was kind of a challenge, I was nearly out of step one time :eek:

HuntKenny said:
848 recently had a change of CO parade it was my first, and hopefully last, it wasn't hard but having to remember all my flag party drill was kind of a challenge, I was nearly out of step one time :eek:

HAHAHA.......your lucky Huntkenny ;D, you weren't around for the other 5 CoC Ceremonies in the past three years...... ;)

My CO just announced to my unit that there will be a new new rank introduced to air cadets. This new rank will be F/Cpl. I am not sure when they are implementing this rank but I will try to find out.

Should be interesting.

...Flight Corporal?  You've gotta be kidding me.

Wow.

That's all I can say...

Ridiculous, anyone?

Chaps

yoman said:
My CO just announced to my unit that there will be a new new rank introduced to air cadets. This new rank will be F/Cpl. I am not sure when they are implementing this rank but I will try to find out.

Should be interesting.

:eek:

Should be interesting.

Uhhh.........I would be highly interested as to where your CO heard this.  Unless you are mistaken and your CO meant a new appointment being introduced to you particular Sqn. (ie a duty Cpl.) not a nation wide rank change.  elaboration is appreciated.

regards

PV

From what I understand, as part of the new national standards that are SUPPOSED to come out in the not so distant future, a rank will be added. This could still be a rumour, but I have heard it from Yoman, as well as from another cadet in a position of authority with another unit. Their CO's relayed it to each. So, it could be a big rumour, or there may be something new in the future.

Personally, I think it is likely happening, but I'll wait for the CATO before I'm sure.

Back