• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Where could I find info about weekly attendance numbers for the air cadet squadrons in eastern Ontario? I'd be interested in knowing whether the rumoured retention problem was dealt with. I don't think it's a problem for 632 however.

bbbb said:
Where could I find info about weekly attendance numbers for the air cadet squadrons in eastern Ontario? I'd be interested in knowing whether the rumoured retention problem was dealt with. I don't think it's a problem for 632 however.

If you had access to fortress, I think it would be in there (not sure though). But if you want to find the unit quota's for eastern region, I'm sure that would be easier to find. I will look around when I have the time.

If your with a unit, ask your CO or TrgO to see if they can find anything on Fortress, although it might be easier to ask around on cadet.net as well if your set up on that.

cheers

PV

Good day,

Thank you for your quick response to my question. I appreciate the great work of those involved with the air cadets. I wouldn't mind flying with the cadets on my spare time but my research has produced nothing WRT volunteer flying with the air cadet movement, you know to gain hours towards my CPL.

http://www.cadets.ca/support/cato-oaic/intro_e.asp?cato=52-07

Might apply. If not, I don't know what would.

go 759 Falcons. i was there 2 years then I TOSd.

the admins were horrible tho, anyone from 759 would agree with me on that fact =P

Following an intense drill and band competition where our drill team won both the precision and compulsory routines. I am pleased to announce that my unit, 632 Phoenix Telesat Wing has won the Excalibur Sword this year. We finished the year with 200 points out of a maximum of 200 points. We also won the top sports and most sportsmanlike awards.

Yep. Squadron 632 is one of the best out there.  They indeed won the Excalibur Championship two days ago.  The Excalibur Championship is the most difficult Championship for a unit to win and the winners get to receive and parade the Excalibur Sword, symbol of their excellence. The Championship takes place throughout the training year, 20 days of competition and 12 events, including several sports tournaments, an adventure decathlon for senior cadets, a marksmanship competition, a biathlon competition, a physical fitness tournament and a music competition that includes events for soloists, percussion ensembles, small ensembles, large ensembles, pipes and drums and even a band choreography competition. 

I am the Director of this Championship and I can assure you that 632 has every right to be very proud of their accomplishments.  The competition is between units of the Gatineau/Ottawa area, including Army and Sea Cadet Units. I invite you to visit the Championship Website to see the results for all events and to see how 632 won.  http://www.cadets.net/est/detmtl/excalibur/

Bravo Zulu to all cadets from 632 Phoenix-Telesat, you guys rock!  :salute:

Following an intense drill and band competition where our drill team won both the precision and compulsory routines. I am pleased to announce that my unit, 632 Phoenix Telesat Wing has won the Excalibur Sword this year. We finished the year with 200 points out of a maximum of 200 points. We also won the top sports and most sportsmanlike awards.

Ok, if you get to boast then so do I!!  This year my unit was not only able to pull off top Pipe and Drums Band in Central Region, but we also top overall band as well, effectivley making us the best Cadet band in (most) of Ontario.  P & D beats out Brass and Reed? who would have thought! A lot of hard work went into this year, i'm super proud-can ya tell?

cheers

PV

PViddy said:
Ok, if you get to boast then so do I!!  This year my unit was not only able to pull off top Pipe and Drums Band in Central Region, but we also top overall band as well, effectivley making us the best Cadet band in (most) of Ontario.  P & D beats out Brass and Reed? who would have thought! A lot of hard work went into this year, i'm super proud-can ya tell?

cheers

PV

A little boasting here, a little boasting there does us all some good. Congratulations to your band!  :) Unfortunately last year my band lost a lot of its senior members. So we are starting to rebuild our band

hya im new hereand i need some help

the flag part this year for my squadron decided to make a flag party drill manual and i was put in charge of carry and order flags

can u tell me some important points to remember?

12. On the command CARRY COLOUR(S) BY
NUMBERS, SQUAD – ONE;

a. with the right hand, raise the Colour to a
vertical position in front of the centre of the
body, keeping the base of the pike just clear
of the socket, and the right forearm alongside
the pike (Figure 8-3-3); and

b. simultaneously, bring the left hand to the
socket and guide the pike into the socket.

13. On the command SQUAD – TWO:

a. bring the left hand to the position of the
order;
b. simultaneously raise the right forearm
parallel to the ground; thus
c. on completion of the movement:
(1) the right hand is opposite the mouth,
(2) the right forearm is parallel to the
ground at right angles to the pike,
(3) the wrist of the right arm is straight,
(4) the back of the hand is outwards, and
(5) the head and eyes are facing the front.

16. On the command ORDER COLOUR(S) BY
NUMBERS, SQUAD – ONE:

a. with the right hand raise the pike clear of the
socket, bringing the right forearm from the
horizontal position to a vertical position
alongside the pike (Figure 8-3-4); and

b. simultaneously, bring the left hand to the
socket to steady the pike and belt.

17. On the command SQUAD – TWO:

a. carry the Colour with the right hand to the
position of the order;

b. move the left hand across the body to steady
the pike; thus

c. on completion of the movement:
(1) the back of the left hand shall be
outwards,
(2) the fingers of the left hand are extended
and pointing to the right, and
(3) the left forearm is parallel to the ground.

18. On the command SQUAD – THREE, cut the
left hand to the side in the position of attention.

This is from the 201. Just make it as simple as you can. Pictures help to. If you want pictures showing this movement just ask me.

Good luck.

'lo, everyone.

Briefly skimmed over most of this thread... I can't imagine trying to wade through 67 pages worth of typing. So, forgive me if my question is a little redundant, (meaning it's already been answered.)

However, I would like to know if there's any West Coast Air Cadets around here. (Meaning British Columbia.) From what I read, it seemed that there were quite a few from the East Coast... but. Off topic. In case anyone is wondering, I'm a Sergeant within 754 Phoenix Squadron - based in Port Moody, on the West Coast. Which is why I was wondering.

Krisz

Krisz said:
'lo, everyone.

Briefly skimmed over most of this thread... I can't imagine trying to wade through 67 pages worth of typing. So, forgive me if my question is a little redundant, (meaning it's already been answered.)

However, I would like to know if there's any West Coast Air Cadets around here. (Meaning British Columbia.) From what I read, it seemed that there were quite a few from the East Coast... but. Off topic. In case anyone is wondering, I'm a Sergeant within 754 Phoenix Squadron - based in Port Moody, on the West Coast. Which is why I was wondering.

Krisz

well welcome!!
              well you aren't the only west coaster on the forum.............i'm a sergeant with 848 Royal Roads Squadron Here in Victoria. good luck and i hope too hear more from you on this forum!!!!                      :salute: :cdn:

Hmmm. Not sure if he's Royal Roads or not, but I know he's on the island... Would you happen to know a certain Sergeant Geoffery Plint? I believe he's a Sergeant. I went to ITLC with him.

If so, tell him Chapman says Hello. And thank you; I plan to become more active.

Krisz

Well my fine feathered friends, im out...yes that's right, i've cashed in my chips and retired...wow.....has it really been 5 years :|

Back