• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Photo Thread

Ooooh... pretty!

Real nice looking cat BTW

All right,

Here's one for you. Is it close enough to the AF symbol to qualify??  :)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/248673
Aug 22, 2007 04:30 AM
A $10 million class-action lawsuit has been launched against an Oshawa body art studio....

There must be another angle to this story.  Is the tattoo shop owner a secret millionaire who could actually pay this sum?  People dont launch these kind of actions unless they have a particular agenda to achieve...

Just got inked this past Saterday at Atomica Tattoo of Hamilton, for those in the Hamilton Area it's on the same block as the JFA.

It is currently a WIP as I've only gone through one session. The rest will be completed once this current inking is healed up.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Being the resident army.ca tattoo hater, I just had to post this. ;)

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/248673

Aug 22, 2007 04:30 AM
Carola Vyhnak
Staff reporter

A $10 million class-action lawsuit has been launched against an Oshawa body art studio after thousands of people were urged to get tested for blood-borne diseases because they may have been exposed to dirty equipment.
The lawsuit against Longhorn Custom Bodyart Studio was filed in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Whitby Monday on behalf of Oshawa resident Kaleb Beaulieu, who received a tattoo at Longhorn in July.

The action includes everyone who received a tattoo or body piercing between Nov. 17, 2006, and Aug. 1 of this year, when the studio's equipment sterilizer was alleged to have been malfunctioning on and off.
Durham Region health authorities warned that possible use of non-sterile equipment could lead to transmission of HIV and hepatitis B and C and sent letters to 2,400 people, urging them to see a doctor and get blood tests. The 530 results that have come back so far were all negative, said spokesperson Glendene Collins.

Beaulieu, a mechanic in his 20s who had a lion's face tattooed on his forearm, said he's worried about his test results. "It is always in the back of my mind that I might have a disease," he said in a statement through his lawyer. Beaulieu expects to get his hepatitis results in a week but says conclusive tests for HIV will take six months.
Longhorn, which has been in business 16 years, was closed Aug. 1 by health inspectors for eight days after a routine visit revealed the machine used to sterilize multi-use instruments hadn't been working properly. The machine has since passed daily tests ordered by the health department, Collins said. The studio has been ordered to do bi-weekly tests for the next two years.

The statement of claim alleges negligence on the part of the studio and its owner, Hugh Towie. The sterilizer was being operated at lower than the required 132C, "such that Hepatitis B and C and HIV could have survived the steam treatment," the claim says.
The lawsuit still has to be certified by the court as a class action. None of the allegations have been proven in court. No statement of defence has been filed.

Towie called the lawsuit a "crock." "There are no problems whatsoever and in July there were no problems either." When the shop reopened Aug. 9, Towie's wife Kim said a technician fixed the machine in July. "It was just a screw that needed adjustment. The temperature was supposed to reach 132 but it only got to 128."

Hey I think I registered my curmudgeon tendencies toward tattoos well before you did!, albeit in another post. Yeah, yeah I know I'm swimming upstream too.....young ladies (er women) considering tattoos...keep two things in mind
1. The tattoo you think will look really cool on your lower back (God only knows why) may hinder your ability to receive an epidural (anaesthesia) when you are in hard labour and begging for drugs to ease your pain.....my wife is an Operating Room nurse and she knows of which she speaks.
2. Tattoes on your upper body which are visible when in formal gowns...such as you wear for weddings (yours for instance) might look cool in the bar on a Saturday night  when you're errr younger, but don't look quite the same on more formal occasions. If you don't care that's cool but some folks live to regret. Of course I understand there is make up now to cover up mistakes and embarrassing sentiments...ask Angelina Jolie.

And lest I get accused of being sexist I'm equally unimpressed with male body art and piercings too....health.welfare and regrets are among the reasons for that too. ..but who cares?? It's your body! ;)

Guess it wouldn't be good to post up a pic of my belly button the eh??  8)

But, if I had a bank account like Angelina Jolie ... whooooo!! I'd be migrating to the land of coconuts (and could get lipo, laser, chest, etc etc).

The Crowe said:
Just got inked this past Saterday at Atomica Tattoo of Hamilton, for those in the Hamilton Area it's on the same block as the JFA.

It is currently a WIP as I've only gone through one session. The rest will be completed once this current inking is healed up.

Nice Tat.. however, the piper on your arm has their drones on the wrong shoulder, and the hands are reversed.. (I hope the pic you took is in a mirror)
The one from the graphic looks wicked !

PiperDown said:
Nice Tat.. however, the piper on your arm has their drones on the wrong shoulder, and the hands are reversed.. (I hope the pic you took is in a mirror)

Then that would mean that the lettering on his T-shirt is all backwards.....  ;D

George Wallace said:
Then that would mean that the lettering on his T-shirt is all backwards.....  ;D

LOL.. I didnt even notice the shirt.
I guess the lesson here is to make sure your tattoo is correct before the ink starts to touch your skin.

Sorry "the crow" I didnt mean to rain on your parade.. The tat is still cool, just unfortunate.

PiperDown said:
LOL.. I didnt even notice the shirt.
I guess the lesson here is to make sure your tattoo is correct before the ink starts to touch your skin.

Sorry "the crow" I didnt mean to rain on your parade.. The tat is still cool, just unfortunate.

Crow,

Phenomenal Tat.

You know, I had too many people tell me that that my tat was wrong.

You see I got mine on my right arm, just like you.  It was my cap badge;

48th_capbadge_bw_320.jpg

As you can see it faces the left, so I did not do what you did to have the image face the centre.

Everyone told me it was wrong, and I disgraced the regiment and incurred bad luck.  I said the falcon was watching my back, and they all laughed.

Well In 1994 I proved them wrong, after seven gunshot wounds to the upper body (Four to my head) my falcon did me proud!

This is what was left of the tattoo that was shot off that night, I think I proved my point.

index.php

Carry on and I will say Albain Gu Brath to you,

dileas

tess

PiperDown said:
The one from the graphic looks wicked !

Ahh, yes. I had that one covered! haha

After a discussion with my tattoo artist I decided upon getting it done like this. This is *not* a mistake I wanted it on my right arm... The tattoo wouldn't have the same effect (in my mind) if I had it the other way (the piper would be retreating!) and decided upon just simply reversing the image.

I've already heard a groan or two from some Argyll Pipers  ;D

The only detail I have to look out for is the spelling of my family name before it goes on! haha!

edit: after re-reading this...

Okay, it is still a mistake, but it is a deliberate mistake that I am aware of  :warstory:

PS... It's CrowE people.. >.>

Just say he's a left-handed piper.  Or that your great grandpa (Godresthissoul) piped that way during WWI.

regimental tattoo's and stuff are a great way to show loyalty, esprit corps's etc but think of the long term. In a serious situation, bound and under the bright lights..there's no denying who you are affiliated with when it's on your arm in Blue, gold and black (go RCR). How about something in and art form you like that has colouring and subtle references to your affiliation.

Ie, for a Royal Canadian, something with 8 point stars instead of regular stars, battle standards in regimental colour, that kind of thing.

That's what I plan on. I have many bad tattoo's from Al the Butcher in London that need to be covered, I'd like to get both arms sleeved in an Asian scheme with subtle reference to that I hold close to heart.

On the topic of bad tattoo's, I still don't know why I kept going back to that guy, did I really think the second or third he did on me would be better than the first?

Tess,

Glad that eagle is still watching your back bud.

Dileas.

Vern

I came up with this concept that I'm going to have put just below my shoulder on my left  upper arm once the artist is done with it if I like what he's done... this will be my first.

EDIT: To make sense

Check out this one I made, I want to get it soon. ;D

(hope this is the right spot...)

Mike, if you are serious about getting a tattoo. I think you should take two or three years to think on it.

I have tattoos, which I don't regret getting. As a father of three, it was very hard for me to convince my kids that tattoos are a life long commitment.

You are still young so give it some thought.

GUNS said:
Mike, if you are serious about getting a tattoo. I think you should take two or three years to think on it.

I have tattoos, which I don't regret getting. As a father of three, it was very hard for me to convince my kids that tattoos are a life long commitment.

You are still young so give it some thought.
Oh yeah, I know. Something that will be on my arm for life has to be something I really want. This, however, is something I do want. ;)

Back