• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Photo Thread

Waffle said:
hey guys, whats the general rule of thumb about service number tattoos?

Hate to invoke Godwin's law here, but....

Getting numbers tattooed on you? You're not exactly going to be setting a precedent here. There was a time when a lot of people had numbers tattooed on them. A few million if I recall correctly. You can see why someone might notice numbers tattooed on you and be a little put off, maybe even offended. Maybe best to stick with a regimental tattoo.

Waffle said:
Ok, but my name is also Protected A, and yet that doesn't seem so bad

If you do get your service number and/or name tattooed somewhere on your person, at least get it/them tattooed on upside down so that you can identify yourself while drunk.

Don't be like the guys on my training. One got his birthday and a barcode (just like in a store, some bars wider than the others) in green on the back of his neck. The other got some sort of binary number code on the back of his leg. (4 vertical columns of 0's and 1's) It translated into something. I was too dumbfounded to ask what. Even he admitted a few years later it was stupid, and he was saving up to have it removed. Don't even get me started on the guy (in a different platoon thank god) that got his head tattooed with barbed wire and had to get a hair growing chit during the third week.

The 2 guys who got their SN/CF/HOOAH/whatever tattooed during BMQ  never actually finished BMQ.

I don't have any tattoos. Nothing against them. Just have never found anything that means enough. Plus it might be a rare thing 20 years from now to have no tattoos. I just never wanted to be the guy on the first weekend of BMQ who goes to the bars or walking around the mall on the first weekend off with a platoon tshirt, dog tags hanging out over the shirt, and a cadpat watch band on an expensive watch (which looked stunning when  the guy proceeded to wear it on parade with DEU and his sleeves rode up). From my experience hearing their success stories, the chicks don't dig that stuff whatsoever. Just my opinion though! ;)

On the subject of bad tattoo decisions, should you really wish to get something that will cause conversation you can do like a relative of mine did a few years ago. He got a Toronto Maple Leaf logo tattoo on his back. And I mean his whole back. I haven't seen it since lest I laugh uncontrollably, but I'm sure it is between 12-18 inches in height and as wide as his back. White letters on blue background. If that's not a true fan I don't know what is.

CDNAIRFORCE said:
  On the subject of bad tattoo decisions, should you really wish to get something that will cause conversation you can do like a relative of mine did a few years ago. He got a Toronto Maple Leaf logo tattoo on his back. And I mean his whole back. I haven't seen it since lest I laugh uncontrollably, but I'm sure it is between 12-18 inches in height and as wide as his back. White letters on blue background. If that's not a true fan I don't know what is.

Wow; here's hoping that his sex-life hasn't suffered too much as I don't know too many gals who aspire to sleeping with "Losers (since '67)" ...  >:D

No offence intended to your relative ...  ;)

Sorry Technoviking --- it had to be said.  8)

Actually it's ironic you say that because he came home one day this past August and the wife was gone. Hasn't seen her since. I saw it coming when she called off the wedding twice. She was a twit who had 6 kids from 3 prior marriages so I think he is better off.

Absolutely no offence taken! Somethings work out the way they should in the end.

And it's time to give this one a rest for another undetermined length of time. Suffice to say, if your question hasn't already been answered and you still can't  decide, you shouldn't get one.

Milnet.ca Staff

God, I can't believe how long this thing is, yet they still ask ::)

Thought I'd start up a thread for some of us body art appreciative people to post some pictures.  Also should be a good source for people looking for some cool tattoo ideas.

Please NO pictures of other people without their direct consent, also please refrain from pictures involving anything anything vulgar, racist, discrimative in anyway follow CF regulations on this.  If its not allowed in the CF Id appreciate it staying OUT of this thread.  Also refrain from pictures involving clearly distinguishable faces.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brand New got it about 2 days ago on my right calf and it is my first tattoo can't wait to get more though.

Tollis said:

Brand New got it about 2 days ago on my right calf and it is my first tattoo can't wait to get more though.

>:D

Only comment I have is that the only time people will see it is when you are walking/___________ing away.

;D

Sorry for the gratuitous nipple shot  ;)

Edit- I have more but there's no way I'm going to get a picture of it without some help.
Edit #2- Haha, I just noticed the kitten picture, clean your floor dude. ::)

Yeah I guess you got me on that one GW .  Maybe it will inspire some patriotic pride in anyone behind me during PT and make them push harder.

The kitten photo is a calender, my girlfriends calender, I knew someone would notice it oddly enough the cat is the one that knocked it off the table.  The picture is at my girlfriends place she doesn't keep her room all that clean.

Just thought of this maybe added to the photo (if you feel like sharing) a description of the meaning/why you got the tattoo

I got mine because I wanted a tattoo but didn't want to choose something in my young age that I would regret later on.  So I figured a little bit of Canadian pride is something I couldn't possibly ever regret  ;D

Seems to be a fairly good response to this, couple nice pieces of body art so far keep them coming.

Before anyone asks, no its not Guns and Roses !lol . I also have a tat of my display picture on my arm. They're inspired by The Dark Tower series written by Stephen King.

wson said:
Before anyone asks, no its not Guns and Roses !lol . I also have a tat of my display picture on my arm. They're inspired by The Dark Tower series written by Stephen King.
That's nice work, how long did it take?

It was my first tattoo, it took a bit over 3 and a half hours. LMAO I didnt think I would make it through!

Back