• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supply Tech Ettiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technoviking said:
This has bugger all to do with entitlements, but more to do with Sup Tech Ettiquette.
Then I got my annual issue of socks and undies, which I didn't know was annual: the Sup Techs told me.

Or maybe they're trying to hint you should change them more often...

ArmyVern said:
That may be life, but IF the sup tech had authority to purchase a holster for him --- they would have; but, they don't.
I agree, and I would have been ordering it myself (if it hadn't been already) if I was there

ArmyVern said:
Acceptable remark - until the bit I struck out; had you said anything like that to anyone while working for me and I was made aware of it ... it wouldn't be the customer feeling badly when he left the building. You'd also have been pulling a whole lot of extras. Just because the customer "blames" you, does not an entitlement make to be rude back. Take the higher ground.
I can't remember if that was the exact wording I used (this was after all 2 years ago), but I'm sure it went through my head. He also had quite possibly the worst attitude out of any customer I had ever dealt with while in Borden, possibly ever. He reminded me of the fellow that asked me (when I was a flagmen doing road construction, and had the stop sign up) "Well who is going to pay for my oil change?" my reply "the same person that pays for it when you stop at a red light, you".

ArmyVern said:
Would you ever deliberately NOT issue or order something for someone that they were entitled to because of their attitude? If so, you're in the wrong trade. Please clarify your statement wrt that comment.
I would never do that, I am of the belief that if someone needs a piece of kit, and I have it/can get it for them, then I will get it for them as soon as I can. This does not necessarily mean I will have a big smile if the person continually comes into my shop causing problems/giving attitude. They will always get their gear. Now if they give me attitude I ask them to check it at the door, that I don't have time for it. It seems to work.

I'm sorry if my post came off a little poor. I should have given it a better proof read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back