• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signing Bonus???

R

rceme_rat

Is anyone aware of signing bonuses, particularly for officers?

A reasonable signing bonus is being offered to a short list of tech trades and a whopping huge bonus is available for doctors. I‘ve also heard that a pretty sizeable bonus was given to dentists, although I haven‘t seen it reported in the press.

There was a Canforgen released a couple of months ago listing the trades which get the bonuses. I‘ll try to track down a shortlist of them for you before the weekend...

I was able to find the CANFORGEN I was looking for, but unfortunately, it only deals with NCM‘s. Sorry.

Thanks. I don‘t have access to CANFORGENs anymore, and the recruiting sites don‘t deal with Lrgal Officers. Bit of a blurb on the JAG pages, but nothing at Recruiting to indicate they even get involved.

I wonder if a signing bonus could be negotiated.

Doctors - $225,000 (up from $80,000 a year earlier)

Engineers - $40,000

Numerous NCM MOCs - $25,000

So when is a signing bonus for JAG officers coming? Unless recruiting has been wildly successful over the past two years, JAG has been suffering dramatically.

I take it those figures are for reg force on top of their salaries. How long is the contract associated iwth those numbers ? Looks like descent coin, before taxes.

Fus -

The latest bonus scheme (engineering officers) pays $25K on signing, $15K a year later. Four year commitment. I think the four year commitment was the same for doctors. I don‘t recall the commitment for NCMs but I think it was three years. Check www.dnd.ca and look for the news section - archives. There should be more specifics there.

Also, since it is all taxable, expect 40% or more to come off the top for taxes, CPP, EI, etc.

There has been a fair number of lawyers who went through basic training recently, most of whom made it. I do not believe the JAG branch is in a crisis at this moment... :cdn:

Does anyone know which MOC;s fall under this incentive?
Any other info appreciated

I know SIG Op‘s have a sign up bonus

for a list of the current MOC‘s with the bonus‘s, call your local CFRC

That is great to hear!!!
I wonder if past Service, qualifies a person, if they were QL5/CLC qualified?

I think MP has a sign up bonus as well but to recieve any bonus you must have a two year diploma from an accredited college or univ.
that gets you $10,000 and a four year degree gets you $20,000

I should have been more detailed with my question.
I wonder if past service RegF,,,being QL5/CLC qualified has any bearing on that signup bonus.

http://www.dnd.ca/site/community/mapleleaf/html_files/html_view_e.asp?page=Vol4_42____6-7
Designed to attract skilled personnel to 19 understrength occupations, the allowances are divided into three categories: post-secondary diploma or certificate NCMs ($10,000 signing bonus), civilian trade-qualified NCMs ($20,000 signing bonus) and MOC-qualified NCMs ($20,000 signing bonus).

The allowances apply to new enrolees, re-enrolees and Reserve Force members who receive a component transfer into one of the target occupations:

* Aerospace Telecommunications and Information Systems Technician  
* Biomedical Electronics Technician  
* Dental Clinical Assistant  
* Electrical Distribution Technician  
* Electrical Generation Systems Technician  
* Fire Control Systems Technician  
* Land Communications and Information Systems Technician  
* Medical Laboratory Technician  
* Military Police  
* Naval Electronics Technician (Acoustic)  
* Naval Electronics Technician (Communications)  
* Naval Electronics Technician (Tactical)  
* Plumbing and Heating Technician;  
* Preventative Medicine Technician  
* Signal Operator  
* Tactical Acoustic Sensor Operator  
* Vehicle Technician  
* Weapons Technician Land  
* X-Ray Technician

In addition to the signing bonus, many qualified recruits will be eligible for additional incentives such as promotion to the rank of acting corporal immediately after the successful completion of basic training.

For more information, refer to CANFORGEN 118/01.
Trades may have been added or removed since publication.

Hey all, I‘m just wondering if anybody knows how things work with receiving a monetary bonus when you sign up. A friend of mine received a very hefty sum when he entered Army reg forces as an engineer in the fall of ‘02. I never see anything about bonuses in the DND website OR the Army site.

Would someone mind shedding a little light on this subject?

Thanks very much.

Recruitment Allowances for 9 NCM Occupations

Published by Canadian Forces Recruiting Group - March 20, 2004

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/html/news_events/news_room/recruit_allow_04.html

"Recruitment allowances of $10,000 or $20,000 are offered to eligible NCM applicants to one of the following occupations: Signal Operator; Naval Combat Information Operator; Naval Electronic Sensor Operator; Tactical Acoustic Sensor Operator; Naval Electronics Technician (Acoustic); Naval Electronics Technician (Communications); Naval Electronics Technician (Tactical); Fire Control Systems Technician; and Medical Radiology"
Further details at:

http://www.recruiting.dnd.ca/html/careers/career_advantage/ncm_allow.html

Well I didn‘t recieve any bonus for my MOC but I belive it depends what MOC your applying for. Only some get a bonus, don‘t quote me on this info though becuase i‘m not to sure how accurate it is all i know is I didn‘t get anything for signing up.

well there you go we must of posted at the same time... :confused:
:cdn:

Thanks guys for the info. I‘m quite certain that any bonuses DO NOT apply to reserve applicants right?

KB

Back