• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should I wait?

ThatsLife

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright so I just phoned a recruiting office (I believe) and left them a message. Someone phoned me back, gave me another guys number and told me to phone him next wednesday because there's a funeral going on and everyone will be running around trying to get things done. With all these days passing by quickly, and school is almost starting again for me (September 6th) should I just wait till February when I graduate to join the Reserves? I heard basic training for reserves is 8 weeks also, unless i'm wrong. If that's true then I just can't do it and i'll have to wait for February. I just need the information, the lady that phoned me wasn't very clear.

ThatsLife said:
Alright so I just phoned a recruiting office (I believe) and left them a message. Someone phoned me back, gave me another guys number and told me to phone him next wednesday because there's a funeral going on and everyone will be running around trying to get things done. With all these days passing by quickly, and school is almost starting again for me (September 6th) should I just wait till February when I graduate to join the Reserves? I heard basic training for reserves is 8 weeks also, unless i'm wrong. If that's true then I just can't do it and i'll have to wait for February. I just need the information, the lady that phoned me wasn't very clear.

I see by your profile that you are from B.C. - Vancouver by chance??  If so, the "funeral" you are referring to is no doubt in honour of Sgt "Smokey" Smith, VC.

You can read more about it on this thread:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33178.0.html

Call back on Wednesday.

Oh, i'm actually from Surrey, BC. I wish I was living in Vancouver.

I would start the application process now.  You never know how long it's going to take.

If you take the BMQ during the fall/winter, it will be part time during weekends, so it might work with your school.

I wanted to do BMQ during Summer but I don't see that happening so i'm guessing Winter would be best considering I get a winter break and I graduate in February.

I think i'll take the advice, do my application process now.

So Wednesday i'm going to phone and see where it takes me.  :salute:

Back