• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve BMQs not running in summer?

charlesm said:
I notice that both LFWA and SQFT are still running BMQ courses in July/August to catch those High School students. They are still on the National Calendar for 09/10.

Also if you are Aboriginal you can always get on a Bold Eagle BMQ.
What is SQFT? and LFWA is Wainwright correct? Someone has previously said that they wont send me on a BMQ out of area incase I quit because it costs them too much money. If I footed the bill for the travel would they consider sending me?

ONT said:
What is SQFT? and LFWA is Wainwright correct? Someone has previously said that they wont send me on a BMQ out of area incase I quit because it costs them too much money. If I footed the bill for the travel would they consider sending me?

SQFT = Secteur du Québec de la Force terrestre = LFQA Land Force Quebec Area (LFQA) is responsible for all Canadian army operations and administration in the region within the province of Quebec

Land Force Western Area (LFWA) is responsible for all Canadian army operations and administration in western Canada from the northern Lakehead region of Ontario to the Pacific Ocean.

And NO.

Well... there is a problem with training recruits with a BMQ & SQ in the summer..... it results in untrained soldiers returning to the drill hall in the fall.  This is not the end state that higher command is looking for.

There will not be any BMQ/SQ this summer - though they may run SQ & DP1 trade courses that will last the summer.

Some people have concluded that, by running BMQ / SQ courses throughout the summer, they tie up NCOs too much AND they prevent same said NCOs from taking their own courses...

It's a rat race

I found this link which shows which shows what courses are being offered for 09-10 for 32 CBG. There are several BMQ courses starting in the fall so it is just a matter of applying early enough.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/32brigade/hq/BSL/Course_Documents/BSL%20Sync%20Matrix%2009-10,%2011%20X%2017.xls

Hodgson92 said:
Awesome, thanks for baring with me! I was a little bit confused.  :)

Are you sure anybody was baring with you? I don't see anyone naked here...  ;D

Sorry, cheap shot, I know...  :p

TimBit said:
Are you sure anybody was baring with you? I don't see anyone naked here...  ;D

Sorry, cheap shot, I know...  :p

Sorry, my ed-ju-macation not so good!  ;D

I stand corrected.  On review, LFWA has received dispensation to run BMQs in the summer (despite the clear earlier national direction).  SQFT may be doing it as well.  LFCA and LFAA are not running any serials this year.

+1 and some MilPoints dapaterson for keeping the summer BMQ information up to date and accurate.

dapaterson said:
I stand corrected.  On review, LFWA has received dispensation to run BMQs in the summer (despite the clear earlier national direction).  SQFT may be doing it as well.  LFCA and LFAA are not running any serials this year.
To go along with this right now Wainwright has scheduled a BMQ(R)0799 running from 2-31 Jul (IST 18-30 Jun)with the big "To Be Confirmed" beside it.

dapaterson said:

37 CBG NFLD units are running a BMQ/SQ course this summer under the direction of AATC GAGETOWN.

BMQ(37 CBG NFLD Based) RES 02-Jul-09   31-Jul-09
SQ(37 CBG NFLD Based) RES 03-Aug-09  28-Aug-09

See Radio Chatter Post - Subject to Change  ;)

For months we have been saying no summer BMQ for the Army Reserve. This is a great example of subject to change.

edit: to add URL and 2nd comment.

Gotta admit the way they have training setup in the army reserves, is probably THE main reason I didn't join them, and went to another reserve

dangerboy said:
To go along with this right now Wainwright has scheduled a BMQ(R)0799 running from 2-31 Jul (IST 18-30 Jun)with the big "To Be Confirmed" beside it.

Update: I'll be on this course, along with the SQ in August

I started off Reserve force in Barrie Ontario, Never got in but thats because the training was Band only, Or so I heard. I switched over to Regular force from there and now Im doing BMQ August 10th.

Back