• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

Mike Baker said:
I was looking at a direct flight to Kingston actually, but I will keep that in mind  :D
:rofl:
Sorry for that Mike.  There ARE no direct flights to Kingston.  You will fly through Toronto anyway.  I just checked on Air Canada (I know, biggest rip off ever but the cheaper companies don't fly East too much).  Using the cheapest flights to/from TO on Fri 20 Jul and return on Sunday (you arrive in St John's at 0020 hrs - 1220 A.M.) with no checked baggage, no changes or cancellations and no Aeoplan miles accumulated costs (taxes and security charge included) $507.23. 
And that's probably only if you booked NOW.  I remember trying to book a flight for my daughter on line and just as I hit the submit button, I got one of those "sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties" things and when I went to book the flight again, the prices had jumped over $100 on the SAME flight.  I've hated Air Canada ever since :threat:, but my daughter lives in the East so I pretty much have to use them for flights.  :-[

Mike
You can fly West Jet, St. John to Hamilton  for $550 or so return.  Hamilton is closest to where I am, if you need to overnight I have a spare room & so does Debbie.  If you'd rather fly to Toronto we can pick you up on the way to Kingston Saturday morning.  Also, I work 5 minutes away from Pearson Airport (Toronto) if you're coming in on Friday.  I'm PM-ing you phone nos. 

Moe, if that happens online, call in. You may be able to get your old price. Some seats are held for online bookings, some for phone bookings. When you say you're getting a seat, even before you purchase it, that locks it out for a period of time. So if you start again, those (cheaper) seats are still available, but locked.

It's a hell of a system.

You could, in theory, "consume" almost all the available seats on a flight without buying any of them, at least for a short period of time.

Yeah, Mike, I did that, even got the phone number of the General Manager, no dice.  If I'd been booking on the phone at the same time, I would have got the cheaper flight....unless they had put me on hold.  ;D

:-[ Woops never knew that. Well, I will work something out if I can go, find a way to get there.  ;)

villecour said:
Hello bruce.
Hope you will be there, I will for sure, I just spent  a few days in the the Berthier, and St  Michel area, great week end will the Mrs be there??

The in-laws maybe coming down here now so the 'meet-up and camp in Brockville' plan might be gone. So I'm still a longshot, but hey.............

Bruce Monkhouse said:
The in-laws maybe coming down here now so the 'meet-up and camp in Brockville' plan might be gone. So I'm still a longshot, but hey.............

All the more reason to get out of the house!!  ;)

Okay, I've looked through all the posts and this is what I have so far:

Yes
ninerdomestic
Trinity
D Squared
Sig Des
Wookilar
Good2Golf
Exarecr
airmich
Mike Bobbit
villecour
and of course, me.  I also have a reservist friend who said he'd be coming as well (more people at my house  :cheers: )

Maybe
Mike Baker
Journeyman
RetiredAFGuy
Bobby Rico
Danjanou
HitorMiss
Bruce Monkhouse

Going by the vote buttons, I have 7 confirmed and 4 not sure.  Let's keep this going folks!! I'm going to call the pub early next week to check on availability.  I am heading down to New Brunswick on leave from 04-10 Jul and will probably make the final booking when I return.

Hey PMEDMOE, if you need a hand organizing this thing I am very familiar with the bar and Kingston of course since I live here and the ole PG brings back tons of memories. See you all there. Cheers !P. S. There must be more than 7 coming i would hope.

PMM
D2 Bodyguard is a definite YES (she probably won't go online to vote unless I bug the crap out of her, which I will  ;)
Thanks for organizing this!
D2

Exarecr said:
Hey PMEDMOE, if you need a hand organizing this thing I am very familiar with the bar and Kingston of course since I live here and the ole PG brings back tons of memories. See you all there. Cheers !P. S. There must be more than 7 coming i would hope.

Thanks for the offer.  There's not too much to be done but make a phone call (or two).  Maybe you can dial the number for me?  As Journeyman might attest, I could require a seeing-eye dog to do that for me!  ;)  Really, there's nothing wrong with my sight, I see everything!!  >:D

PMedMoe said:
As Journeyman might attest, I could require a seeing-eye dog to do that for me!  ;)  Really, there's nothing wrong with my sight, I see everything!!  >:D

I smell a story beneath these comments.  ;)

Why don't we ever do a Kingston M&G during the academic year? People afraid of meeting all of us RMC folks? lol

ArmyVern said:
I smell a story beneath these comments.  ;)

from ArmyVern"Quote from: GAP on June 19, 2007, 09:50:07
Do Tell!!  ;D"

You are actively encouraging me to breach forum guidelines??  Shocked

I feel  ...

so ...

so ...

corrupted.  :mad:

But you won't ask him her to tell, I'm sure :).

Big Foot said:
Why don't we ever do a Kingston M&G during the academic year? People afraid of meeting all of us RMC folks? lol

Yes, yes we ARE!!  ;)  Never thought of it, summer's just a nicer time to hang out on the patio!!  Besides, I was in Borden from 05 March to 25 May!!  :crybaby:

ArmyVern said:
Pssst, PMedMoe's ... a Girl!!  ;D

Thanks, Vern!!  Nope, no story, just something JM sent by PM regarding the fact that I could see my (hidden) email address on my profile.  ;D

ArmyVern said:
~sigh~
I'm more than OK with chaps!! I am a huge fan. Then again, I don't mind kilts either!!  ;D

Och, then lassie, here's a kilt for ye......
lg09.jpg

Lord, I love that man.  Anyone notice that the older Connery gets the better he looks?

We'll be attending the concert at Fort Henry which doesn't end until approx 2130.  So we won't be any earlier than that.  (I'll be the one trying to stop the ringing in my ears from the bells and big bangs (there had better be big bangs or else). 

niner domestic said:
Lord, I love that man.  Anyone notice that the older Connery gets the better he looks?

Oh yeah. But heck, I'm a girl that loves grey hair!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
I'm a girl that loves grey hair!!  ;D
...and kilts!  A little bit of tartan overload there, but yeah, he's still DEAD sexy!  >:D
Hmmm...maybe I'll wear my tartan Docs this time (oops, I should be on the Footwear thread)
;D

Sweet, I may actually be able to make this one- and if Des will be there I can finally pay dues for missing his sendoff.

I'll make this a tentative but likely yes. The Tir Nan Og is great.