• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions About Recruitment

Don't give up, my nefew finally was accepted as a pilot and started at RMC a couple of weeks ago.

tigero0 said:
Well I was able to find out that for medical reasons I'll have to wait 6months-1year before I apply if I want to be considered. Thanks for the help guys. If anyone has any suggestions for me in the meantime, I'd appreciate it, anything to get me ready and better my chances of being accepted. I'm working on physics and getting physically fit, but I have a year to use. Thanks again for the help.

Try to keep a specific work out regimen and stick to that as best you can, if your schedule will allow it. So when you apply again and they ask how often you engage in physical activity, you know you exercise 3X a week for 2 hours a day, or something like that. Also try to engage in community events as a volunteer if you have any opportunities around your area. You don't need to be volunteering every night or something, but as much as you reasonably can dedicate some time to volunteering and making the community a better place should give your application a boost.

My gym routine is looking good, I'm just getting started but so far so good, they even gave me a session with a personal trainer for free. I'm also going to sign up for KungFu, swimming and running classes, I'd like to join a rugby orball hockey team as well, if I can find one. There's not many womens leagues in my area.
I'm just looking for somewhere to volunteer now, if there was anything I could do with the military, even air cadets, that would be great, but I'm still waiting for replies to my emails on that subject. It would be awesome to get some military experience before I apply.

I'm currently in a very small town at a very small college taking an Associate of Arts in Missions Aviation. When I finish I'll have my commercial pilot's license with various ratings. I haven't decided what kind of pilot I want to be, but from what I understand my education wouldn't help me much getting into the Air Force as a pilot since I'm only getting an associate of arts, not a bachelor of science.
Either way I'm interested in at least spending some time serving in a the reserve force. Since pilot would require more education, right now I'm looking at field engineer, it seems really interesting. I have a few questions...
-How long does the application take for the reserves? I'm in school until August and I'm a long ways from the nearest CF Base, so I can't go there during the week. I also have been off depression meds for 5 months now, so I'm not sure if that's long enough, I'm also in the middle of getting into better shape, I'm not quite there yet. Should I wait to apply?
-Is reserve field engineer a competitive job? I'm worried I don't have enough leadership experience (other than a part time job I have none) and I can't seem to find any place to get leadership experience in town (school leadership positions are filled, there's very few places to volunteer, and I'm not allowed to get a job in this program).
-In the reserves are you forced to go on deployment? I'm not saying I wouldn't want to, but it's something good to know.
-I'm looking at 41 Combat Engineer Regiment, it says they train Wednesday nights; would I still be able to work other days? What do field...er I guess now it's combat engineers do during the day when not on deployment?
-In the reserves do you still go to basic training in in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec followed by all the trade-specific training?
-What I'd like to do is take the next year (Sept.-Aug.) off to work but then finish my commercial license the following year. However, when I'm at school that year I probably won't be able to serve except maybe on the weekends. Is this a problem?

tigero0 said:
-How long does the application take for the reserves?

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

tigero0 said:
I also have been off depression meds for 5 months now, so I'm not sure if that's long enough,

Enrollment Medical > The Depression / Anti Depressants Merged Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/13192.0

tigero0 said:
-In the reserves are you forced to go on deployment?

PuckChaser said:
The only circumstances a Reservist can be forced to deploy is by Order in Council, which would probably have to be a major natural disaster, aide to civil power operation, or global conflict.

There are discussions about Reserve BMQ and Reserve Combat Engineers you may find helpful.

Welcome back, tigero0.

It appears you may not have done as much research in the 476 days since your first post on this.

Maybe it's time for more searching/reading?

Good luck.

Milnet.ca Staff

Sorry man, I'm just kind of in the middle of an intensive degree so I thought it might be easier for one person who knows to spend 5 minutes replying to me than for me to spend hours combing through the forums again, and not finding the answers I'm looking for.
I kind of thought that's what these forums were for since nobody is ever going to have a completely unique question.

tigero0 said:
Sorry man, I'm just kind of in the middle of an intensive degree so I thought it might be easier for one person who knows to spend 5 minutes replying to me than for me to spend hours combing through the forums again, and not finding the answers I'm looking for.
I kind of thought that's what these forums were for since nobody is ever going to have a completely unique question.

And because nobody ever has a truly unique question, it is very likely already answered in previous threads which you should be reading through.

Even easier is to just directly contact a Unit Recruiter/Recruiting Centre. They'd have those answers for you.

Back