• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on what to do with recruiting/Adjutant

1911CoLt45

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello

I am waiting to get a board interview with the officers of a local reserve unit.  The job is for infanrty officer.  Iv been in lingo now for about a month and half.  Iv been told that my file is being selected for viewing but we are waiting on some of the other officers to be back at the unit.  Should I call the Adj to ask him if there has been any movement and go about the ranks structure or should I wait for the recruiting NCM to be availible for questions.  Basically  I didnt want to look like a Pump for going above the rank structure. 

Cheers

Hey!

You are a civilian, they won't be mad if you go above the rank structure... But "le gros bon sens" tells me that you should talk to the person who handles your file. At my unit, the recruiting office is performing like crazy. They want recruits, and they keep them informed, and call them to follow up until they are in.
If someone told you to wait a month and a half ago... I don't see a problem with you calling back to know what is up. When I did the board interview we were three candidates, maybe they are waiting for other recruits to schedule a night of interview... whatever. Call and ask!

Good luck

1911CoLt45 said:
Hello

I'm waiting to get a board interview with the Officers of a local reserve unit. The job is for infantry officer. I've been in limbo now for about a month and half. I've been told that my file is being selected for viewing but we are waiting on some of the other officers to be back at the unit.  Should I call the Adjutant to ask him if there has been any movement and go about the ranks structure or should I wait for the recruiting NCM to be available for questions. Basically I didn't want to look like a Pump for going above the rank structure. 

Cheers

A bit better on the grammar, sorry about editing it.

Call your recruiter and ask where they are in the process.  Sometimes the delays can be from getting enough people together to run the boards, sometimes they are delayed to wait for a file to get to the point other people can be brought in.  I sat on my Regiment's board last year and sometime scheduling all the right people in the right place took a lot of time and made it complicated to get progress.  To which Regiment have you applied?

1911CoLt45 said:
Hello

I am waiting to get a board interview with the officers of a local reserve unit.  The job is for infanrty officer.  Iv been in lingo now for about a month and half.  Iv been told that my file is being selected for viewing but we are waiting on some of the other officers to be back at the unit.  Should I call the Adj to ask him if there has been any movement and go about the ranks structure or should I wait for the recruiting NCM to be availible for questions.  Basically  I didnt want to look like a Pump for going above the rank structure. 

Cheers

Back