• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about reservist online clothing program

Pte. Bloggins

Inactive
Reaction score
Wasn't 100% sure where to stick this, so moderator please move to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

I was issued my DEU's a couple of months ago. Now, when we were sized for them it was all done in a hurry so a few of the items i got issued don't fit properly. I took them in to my QM to get them exchanged, and they told me to go to ASU Toronto Clothing Stores, which I did. And THEY told me they can no longer do exchanges, because now due to the whole Online Clothing program I can only order replacement clothing online, and I simply keep the other stuff that doesn't fit.

Now my question is, is that true or was the guy's info incorrect...cause it would seem like a huge waste of money and resources if I have to keep all this stuff that doesn't fit anyway when it could be issued to someone else- it's brand new.

Maybe some supply techs out there could answer this? Thanks in advance.

There's been a couple people mention on these boards about ordering almost a full set of DEU online. My take? Its free kit, if your stuff doesn't fit, order the measuring kit, size yourself, and order in some that does. It'll eat most of your points, but if your stuff doesn't fit, why order the accessories?

I agree with you, it does seem like a waste of resources, but keep in mind this stuff was tailored for you, what are the chances that someone else will be exactly the same size?

Please see this thread:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/18941.0.html

One down side of this program is the length of time required to correct any 'errors' in your on-line profile. I've been green since 1993, but the on-line profile has me listed as 'air force' (Chairborne!). Been trying to correct that for a few months now. Also doesn't work so well for those of us from Highland units, and those 'cut away' DEU jackets. ;)

Back