• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Pay?

MonctonBuzz

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a simple yes no question will suffice..

Do you start getting paid the day you are sworn in and sign your contract.. or the day you start your BMQ?

Just curious because I am told I will be sworn in this Friday and when my work found out they let me go because, as they said, "I'm not a team player or committed enough for them" since I am leaving to join the army.?...  guess that is the down-side of still being in the 3 mth probation period eh.

So I basically wanted to know the answer to the above question...

Yes or no will do..thanks...

oh and yes I search...did an advance search even...but of course as I stated before the search function is poorly designed.

many thanks.

--
Micheal

Reg....you get your pay starting from day 1 of BMQ

Between swearing in and that day you are on LWOP...leave without pay

Res i dont know

cdnaviator said:
Res i dont know

For class A: If you don't sign a pay sheet you don't get paid

Class B and C: You should get only paid for the dates on your contract.

Reserve Class A Pay is easy.

Each time you parade, you sign a Pay Sheet.  Twice a month they are entered into the system and you should be paid in the fifteen days following signing the Pay Sheet (on the 15th and 30th of the month).

Well for PRes Class A(which is what im doing), i was even given half-days pay on the day i was sworn in. So like George said.. basicly everytime you sign a pay sheet you get paid.

- Syed
:cdn:

MonctonBuzz.com said:
Jas they said, "I'm not a team player or committed enough for them" since I am leaving to join the army.?...
Micheal

Ok.. so now that your question was answered.....

You joined the army FULL Time.. Good. Personally I'm happy you did.

But what did you expect your boss to say?
You offered your services full time to him/her and then
went somewhere else... by the sounds of it without telling them.

Not chastising you.. just saying I'm not surprised by their reaction.
Don't take that personally... they don't want to spend time training and
paying someone who isn't going to stick around or who's interest lies elsewhere.

I'm just sorry you got stuck in a bad position between having no pay until course.
Here's hoping course starts soon for you.

As for not being a team player... well... we'll find out on course now, won't we!  ;D ;D

Trinity said:
As for not being a team player... well... we'll find out on course now, won't we!  ;D ;D

Oh yes!  >:D most certainly..or else you will adopting the plank position  :crybaby:

:cdn:
Syed

no I understand where they are coming from..and I did tell them I was applying to the Army.. and they wished me luck..said to let them know how it goes blah blah.. then when they found out I got in, and apparently they thought I was just joking as another manager told me(good friend), but in the end if was just a call center job so no worries....I've had job offers sent out to me for the xmas holiday I was just curious if I would need it...or if I could just spend this month with my family and friends before leaving..specially since my family already lives about 2 hours away from me....

But work I shall...

Thanks All.

That's why we don't like the civi world: you have to be a coniving S.O.B. to get anywhere.
I keep my bosses on a need-to-know basis, and right now they do not need to know! :salute:

I'm sorry to hear that.  But i'm happy for you for getting out, and joining the CF.
Best of luck to you

thanks...I am so excited.... be nice to do something that has meaning and purpose.. rather then.."Thank you for calling what stupid question do you have today??"

sorry....I hated my job..ha..loved who I worked with..hated what I was doing...

but now...so excited.. be nice to have both...people I like and doing something I like...soon love..

Are you kidding?

I am getting a going away party, parting gifts (company bling) and a great reference.  My employers are proud of what I am doing and will miss the hell out of me.  I'll be collecting vacation pay for the first few weeks of IAP.

On a side note, I worked a couple of months at Convergys... what a fun job.  I would get people to turn up thier tv and switch the channels around so I could confirm their signal was properly timed.  I could see them being jerks about leaving though.

as my first question was answered I am ok with that.

My second now, is about Pay Advance. I know it does say in the joining instructions that I am entitled to one. I was just curious is it hard or a tough process. I was just told by my recruiter to go to the base here and hand them a form and tell them what I need and why and they will help me.

just curious if anyone has gotten a pay advance before and what their experience was like?

Many Thanks,

--
Micheal

MonctonBuzz.com said:
as my first question was answered I am ok with that.

My second now, is about Pay Advance. I know it does say in the joining instructions that I am entitled to one. I was just curious is it hard or a tough process. I was just told by my recruiter to go to the base here and hand them a form and tell them what I need and why and they will help me.

just curious if anyone has gotten a pay advance before and what their experience was like?

Many Thanks,

--
Micheal

You wont be getting any pay advances until you actualy have started BMQ

cdnaviator said:
You wont be getting any pay advances until you actualy have started BMQ

so my recruiters have lied to me then?.... they are moving me out 3 days prior to when I leave for basic and two told me they will pay for it, but I have to go to the base to get an advance for it if I don't have the money for it. Which I don't. Perhaps I will take the advice of most people on here and just contact my recruiter for more info on this because they prob know more.

Thanks

MonctonBuzz.com said:
I will take the advice of most people on here and just contact my recruiter for more info on this because they prob know more.

Yep.

Back