• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Pay?

MonctonBuzz.com said:
so my recruiters have lied to me then?.... they are moving me out 3 days prior to when I leave for basic and two told me they will pay for it,

They are moving you to BMQ.....am i missing something here ?

The way I understand (and they way they did stuff with me 6.5 years ago) is that they will write a claim and he will have to finalize it in St-Jean.  You can request an advance on a claim, can you?

Max

cdnaviator said:
They are moving you to BMQ.....am i missing something here ?

I leave Jan.14th for my bmq.. but they are moving all my belongings to storage on the 12th. leaving me with no bed or anything of the like to sleep on for about two nights..they said they will put me in a hotel but I have to pay for it and get reimbursed, and if I don't have the money I can go get a pay advance, which they also mentioned I am entitled to regardless of the reason...

But I will just call them tomorrow and ask..

Thanks,

The pay advance is so that you can buy your initial toiletries and any expense related to preparation and travelto basic. We simply refer to the advance as part of your "claim" You should have a piece of paper within your joining instructions stating that you are entitled to a cash sum. The place you would take the paper work to is the "cashier", they are the ones who dole out the dogh. I don't know where the cashier is located at your local base so I will leave that one for someone else to answer.

I want to add a bit here since the majority of recruits are NOT told this by the CFRC.

Yes, you start getting paid from day 1 of BMQ, but don't be expecting your first pay cheque anytime soon after that. It takes the clerks about a month or so to get everything sorted out, and even then, you will only receive about $400-$600(average from people on my platoon) on your first cheque, unless you are married or have dependants, then it is approx $800.

You can expect some back pay around week 8.

Your advance ($220) is pretty much gone no matter how much you bought before going. Things will creep up, such as more polish, detergent, swiffers etc, so be prepared with a bit of a nest egg that will last through out your first 4 weeks.

Good luck on BMQ!!!
I will be graduating on Jan 25th...so if you see some girl with a "G" calling you fresh meat, you will know who I am...lol  ;)

I see where the confusion lies.

You are not really getting an advance on your Pay.  You are getting an advance on your Travel Claim (or Travel Allowance). 

You can do that.  As your Claim will be processed, any money you are due will be put into your Pay.  It is not really Pay per say, it is a Travel Allowance, and it is deposited in with your Pay once the Claim is 'Finalized'.  Most people prefer not to take an Advance on a Travel Claim, because one often finds afterwards that they took too much and land up owing the Gov't money, and it is inturn deducted from your pay when the Claim is 'Finalized'.

Back