• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question- about loss kit report theft question

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Filling out a lost kit report, actually filling it out for a 3rd time.

In 2007 coming home from Afghanistan my small pack and some items went missing from our platoon lines. Pl WO said nothing he can do, report it to my unit when I get home.  Did that, waited, nothing heard. 2 years later asked clothing why it was taking so long and they said things from afghanistan are backlogged, put in another MLR. I put in another report, another 2 years nothing heard so I'm putting in a 3rd report.

Under the area where it says suspected theft- I'm not sure if someone took my stuff by accident or if it was stolen. Either way I didn't make a military police report about it at the time (no one told me too). My RQ has said that clothing will not accept a suspected theft indication if I don't have a police report number.

So what should I put?  Suspected theft BUT don't have a number? Or just don't put suspected theft, though in my memo explaining the circumstances I point out it was taken from my room so that's basically theft.

I lost kit the same way, go to the MP unit nearest you, and tell them. They will take their report and give you a file number. Put that on your MLR and proceed with clothing stores again.

And, this time, make sure Clothing Stores puts their control number onto the appropriate block (for tracking purposes) of your MLR and stand there and watch while they log it into their MLR register.

They were also feeding you a line of BS regarding "Afghanistan" being backlogged; that has SFA to do with processing an MLR in Canada -- even if the loss occured elsewhere. Did they at least re-issue your kit the first time you went in as policy says they will?

Just be sure that you check off that you DO NOT agree to pay for the lost kit. And make sure that the sup tech you hand it to doesnt check off the other box before handing it in as SOME do here.

Back