• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRES Sup Tech Course Duration

rage

Inactive
Reaction score
In 2005, the PRES Sup Tech course was 5 weeks. It is now 12 weeks which works out well if you are a student. I am 34 yrs. old and it has been very difficult to get that time off from work. Is this the future of the Sup Tech ql3 courses? I don't want to quit the Army but there may be no other alternative if the ql3 courses stay this length. Any feed back?

sorry...same situation here...and its not 12 weeks it is 15.

and to my knowledge, no alternative are available...unless you have a chance of trade...

Good luck :)

Night Black:

The RMS course is pretty much the same length as the Sup Tech course.

The closest unit to where I live is an Engineer Unit. I cannot be a Combat Engineer because I am colour blind and my only other option is Sup Tech. No disrespect to the clerks but that just isn't for me. The closest cities to where I live is Kelowna or Calgary, both are about 5 hours from here. It was been awesome being with the Chimo's but it looks like I can no longer persue the Army dream

55 days is probably correct, that is 55 training days which does not include the weekends. I began my ql3 last year and then asked for an RTU after 3 weeks due to personal problems at home and the course. I have been searching myself, let me know what you come up with.

Actually, all elements were together as of last summer. There Navy, Army, together on the course as I recall.

Night Black said:
Okay, from what I can figure from information given to me is after a weekend or summer BMQ (Two sources disagree over this) I'm supposed to do my trade training at the unit, with others who are in my trade.

Perhaps they'll be giving you OJT at the Unit after your SQ while you await a QL3s... that makes sense. But OJT does not a QL3 qualification make.

PRes QL3 Sup Tech trades qualification is running in LFAA right now in LFAA TC Det Aldershot.

Night Black said:
Alright, thanks!

PS: I was wondering, could you shed some light on the duration of Sup Tech QL3 training?

Mysteriousmind just finished one I believe. He'd be the most up to date on the PRes Sup Course duration.

I only think that I know what it's length is, but I'm not certain. I can confirm for you tomorrow though by sending an email off to one of the instructors I know who's teaching on the current LFAA TC course.

Actually I have not done it yet...but..during my BMQ training (Pres),

ad QL3 supply was ruining, it was a 15 week course, new pilot course. It is likely to continue on that way, so the qualification stands for people transferring from Pres to Regs.

Allot of whining was made from the regs about the former 4 weeks QL3 sup. tech. that is why they have change it.

and over the next "Few years" all course for the Pres should be approach to near the regs one to have equal training.

If I'm lucky, Ill do my QL3 with the regs this winter in Borden or were ever it is taught.

DO NOT take the info I gave ya as a 100% certainty's....The army is the only 100% true answer.

Night Black said:
Well, I'll have to go to the CFRC to discuss my options for the navy then.

Thanks.

Not sure if the supply course is done the same way as the Engineer QL3 A/B Course where everything is broken down into modules. If that is the case then you can still go with your first choice.

mysteriousmind said:
DO NOT take the info I gave ya as a 100% certainty's....The army is the only 100% true answer.

Not even that sometimes  >:D

Last year, and this year the Sup Tech QL3 course had no options of mods. 15 weeks only offered in Borden and Aldershot. Not cool.

I just completed my QL3 (Res) Sup Tech course in Borden a week ago.The course ran from the 11 June - 28 August.

If my math is right, that means it is about a 11 week course.  Good on them for increasing it.  I got a 5 week QL3 Sup Tech course in Wainwright back in 99, and thought that it didnt have enough time to get my knowledge beyond powerpoint deep. 

The length was reasonable considering the material covered. The course was predominately working with MIMS and navigating through the Supply Manual.

midge said:
... and navigating through the Supply Manual ...

And, isn't that fun??  ;D

MiMS, not so much. I've yet to have a friggin' course on that system ... I was deployed when they brought it in, but have since become very familiar with it. MSO this, MSO that. Way fun!!  :-\

anyone know if there will be an option of mods in the near future. getting that kind of time off work is difficult.

Back