• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PPLI vs RCR

GrahamD

Inactive
Reaction score
The recruiter told me that one decision I would really need to consider, and soon, is which regiment I would prefer to be posted with.
I‘m having a very difficult time making the decision, and I was wondering if maybe some people could tell me the benefits of belonging to each?
I am almost perfectly divided on the matter of East, and West however, presently, I am sort of leaning toward PPLI, because my family is in B.C.
I would like my career to progress in a manner that affords me the most possible time in the field, either training or on missions, would it matter where I was located? or is it pretty much the same all around?
Aside from geography, is there any relavant and significant difference between the two?

PPCLI has more whizzy bits to wear on their uniform; 2nd Battalion has the United States‘ Presidential Unit Citation and the Commander-In-Chief Unit Citation.

Did the 3rd also receive the CIC Unit Citation for Afghanistan? I did a web search and see no evidence of it but thought for sure hearing that they had been awarded it.

Hmm, you get to choose? What trade are you going in as? From what I was told, RCR is closed for the next quarter at least, and probably more likely 6 months.

I dwelled over the question for a while (despite a lack of a choice), but I imagine they‘re both pretty similiar in the important aspects. Most soldiers I‘ve talked to, from both the RCR and PPCLI, say theirs is the best, or they say there‘s minimal difference. So its hard to tell. I just take everything I hear with a grain of salt, and hope I enjoy wherever I get sent to help out.

I‘m going into the infantry, assuming I receive a job offer.
If I didn‘t have a choice then that would make my decision that much easier, I guess. I‘m going to try to come to some kind of a decision though, just so I don‘t hmmm and ummmm through my interview if I am asked.

It depends on where you want to live the RCR have the east sewed up and the PPCLI the west.As for training and skill both are about the same,and I have found on courses/exercises that they both can operate together interchangibly which is a sign of the proffessionalism of both.The Infantry 6B showed me that indeed both units were pretty much interchangable (of course don‘t let any Dirty PPCLI know that I said that ;) )

I can‘t even spell PPCLI.Pro Patria
Who wants to be called Princess?

As a West Coast boy who pointed wagons east I must admit that is a tough call.
If I had my way I would have served in the RCRPPCLIBORNE2 and that would have covered it.
You have a choice? They called me and said you go there or you can be a security guard at the mall.
Next thing I knew I was freezin my A$$ off in Pet.
Enjoy!

It‘s true, no real difference except a preference in location. The R22er has the most members at present with the RCR not far behind. The PPCLI are low on people so they‘re the one‘s the are really hiring at the moment. We keep on sending guys west on re-badges to the PPCLI for personal reasons and the like. Mostly because they‘re hurt‘n for bodies.... I think it won‘t be long and the RCR will be in the same boat, seems like there are a lot of guys shuttn er down...

Back