• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ottawa seeking ‘impartial’ board members to review military colleges

"Did you sign up for ALLIES or pursue other self study options? No? Sounds like you're blaming the CAF for something you should have taken on your own initiative. Do better."

-my CoC when I asked for French Language training...
That had been the reply I also received, until I came to Ottawa and was the only unilingual person in my section. My bosses have been good about allowing me time to take the PLs one at a time, on a full time basis. I suspect my next CoC will not be as accommodating.

That had been the reply I also received, until I came to Ottawa and was the only unilingual person in my section. My bosses have been good about allowing me time to take the PLs one at a time, on a full time basis. I suspect my next CoC will not be as accommodating.
That is a good thing about the NCR; it's hard to not support bilingualism when there are so many obvious advantages here to having a functional understanding of both languages, even if your day to day is in one or the other.

SLQ, Costco and deps for beer, Liquour store for wine/booze, boozer et practiquer.

If it's that important to the institution then the institution shouldn't expect members to make it a secondary task on their own.

Either provide it caret blanche for all; or take away the necessity.

If it's that important to the institution then the institution shouldn't expect members to make it a secondary task on their own.

It sounds like you hate Canada... Have you thought about how your words impact the institution? A Chief should know better... ;)

I need some time in the gulag lol
CFB_-_BFC_Valcartier.jpg

It sounds like you hate Canada... Have you thought about how your words impact the institution? A Chief should know better... ;)

Halifax Tar: -1 social score

Furniture: +1 social score

Bin là, tsé, Come on, vous êtes meilleurs que ça les boys :)
Just keeping my continental stuff separate from the ‘sti’d’calisse’en’taberwitt stuff… 😉

Just keeping my continental stuff separate from the ‘sti’n’calisse’en’taberwitt stuff… 😉
I agree, that’s the easy way out ;) Zut = té pas sérieux! I Hope there no PS franco tester in the group, he would not be happy with populist « té » I stop « tu es » 😂

I agree, that’s the easy way out ;) Zut = té pas sérieux! I Hope there no PS franco tester in the group, he would not be happy with populist « té » I stop « tu es » 😂

Still say j’su…

You should have seen my one test where I ‘innocently’ answered to a question about things upsetting me with… « ça me fait shier » (hanging with too many buddies from La Tuque!) and had to quickly change it to « ça me fâchait » when the tester’s jaw dropped after my first answer…

Still say j’su…

You should have seen my one test where I ‘innocently’ answered to a question about things upsetting me with… « ça me fait shier » (hanging with too many buddies from La Tuque!) and had to quickly change it to « ça me fâchait » when the tester’s jaw dropped after my first answer…

Attachments

• pythonRAF.gif
    pythonRAF.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
I agree with this comment. The posted article suggests the need for more extensive Professional Military Education (PME) for officers...especially senior officers rather than specifically a general University education.

And here's a good argument for a solid grounding in the classics, as well:

"The educated man, particularly the educated leader, copes with the fact that life is not fair. The problem for education is not to teach people how to deal with success but how to deal with failure. And the way to deal with failure is not to invent scapegoats or to lash out at your followers. Moreover, a properly educated leader, especially when harassed and under pressure, will know from his study of history and the classics that circumstances very much like those he is encountering have occurred from time to time on this earth since the beginning of history. He will avoid the self-indulgent error of seeing himself in a predicament so unprecedented, so unique, as to justify his making an exception to law, custom, or morality in favor of himself. The making of such exceptions has been the theme of public life throughout much of our lifetimes. For 20 years, we’ve been surrounded by gamesmen unable to cope with the wisdom of the ages. They make exceptions to law and custom in favor of themselves because they chose to view ordinary dilemmas as unprecedented crises."

from Moral Leadership

By Vice Admiral James B. Stockdale, U. S. Navy (Retired)

September 1980 Proceedings Vol. 106/9/931

Back