• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Odds of 23 INF positions being open for January 07?

xmarcx

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm aware of the reduced numbers for DEO infantry from this year versus last year, as well as the change in selection board policies to  every 6 weeks or so. I passed my CFAT and Medical on June 15, I was supposed to have my interview yesterday but it got cancelled on me with a few hours to go and is now rescheduled for July 20. My only medical issue is LASIK, and I'll have my waiver signed and put in on Monday morning. So, best case scenario, I pass my interview, my medical clears in about a month, and I'm on the merit list by the end of August. What is the likelihood then that there will still be infantry positions available? Do I still have a good shot or should I start thinking about what to do with an extra 8 months?

Appreciate any insight anyone might have, thanks.

Hmm Well according to my CFRC, they said that they're picking up people like crazy for INF, so if thats correct, your chances are probably pretty good. Don't take my word for it tho, there are probably more people on the boards more knowledgeable than I.

(Edited for spelling)

Extra 8 months?  Hey, I'm thinking about that too! 
I am also trying to get in as DEO Infantry.
I've been merit listed since May. 2, but I didn't get selected on the last merit board.
I'm just still waiting... hopefully for a job offer.

exsemjingo said:
Extra 8 months?  Hey, I'm thinking about that too! 
I am also trying to get in as DEO Infantry.
I've been merit listed since May. 2, but I didn't get selected on the last merit board.
I'm just still waiting... hopefully for a job offer.

Must be really annoying knowing a board has come and gone =(

I'm just crossing my fingers that my application is competitive enough to help me out. I figure having a 4 year honours degree with a B+ average and a few years of decent professional leadership experience should help - I knew there was a reason I didn't slack off through university!

I think that a 4 year honours with a B+ average should be good enough. 

Matthew Ash said:
I think that a 4 year honours with a B+ average should be good enough. 

and a very good CFAT score and an excellent score in the interview should do it too.  Education is only part of it.

Jamie.Young said:
Hmm Well according to my CFRC, they said that they're picking up people like crazy for INF, so if thats correct, your chances are probably pretty good. Don't take my word for it tho, there are probably more people on the boards more knowledgeable than I.

(Edited for spelling)

yeah.. Infantry.. enlisted...

Infantry officer - not quite the same....

The next DEO/CEOTP selections should be 15 July and 12 Sep(barring any unforseen problems).  There is currently over 70 positions(DEO and CEOTP) still available for Infantry Officer.  So if your interview isn't until 20 Jul you will miss the July board.  My personal opinion is that positions will still exist after 15 Jul, but that is never guaranteed.

Good luck.

Good  advice, Gazoo.

There is also another selection scheduled for 14 Nov.

So lots of time, lots of opportunity...I would suggest that you use the time to prepare yourself ...do some research and make sure that you have picked the right occupation for you (Nothing wrong with looking at Armour, Arty etc). From there, do everything you can to make sure that you have a competitive file.

kitrad1 said:
Good  advice, Gazoo.

There is also another selection scheduled for 14 Nov.

So lots of time, lots of opportunity...I would suggest that you use the time to prepare yourself ...do some research and make sure that you have picked the right occupation for you (Nothing wrong with looking at Armour, Arty etc). From there, do everything you can to make sure that you have a competitive file.

Thanks for the advice all.

This is actually the end result of 2 years of research and thinking. Infantry is what I want. Nothing wrong with Armour...except I've spent a bit of time in a LAV III and at a hair under 6'5" it's a tight fit in the crew commander's seat, sounds strange perhaps but if I get bothered stuck on a Greyhound going home for 8 hours I think a career in a tiny metal box might get to me. At this point I think I've done all I can to be competitive. I've been doing community work and running a food bank ever since I started University, great for learning management and organization IMHO. My grades are steady B+s/A-s, and I've kept up with physical training. I'm actually happy my interview was postponed because now I have no excuse not to be fully and comprehensively prepared for it.

Assuming there is a selection board for DEO in July, does know if they have meet yet?

Back