• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2006-2007

Who are you cheering for?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philidelphia Flyers

• New Jersey Devils

• Minnesota Wild

• Dallas Stars

• San Jose Sharks

• St. Lois Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Nashville Predators

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Phoenix Coyotes

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Florida Panthers

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Atlanta Thrashers

• Los Angeles Kings

• New York Rangers

• New York Islanders

• Washington Capitals

• Total voters
watusi77 said:
Just remember ...
There are as many Canadians with the Disney Ducks as their are
with the Senators.
Who aren't wearing a Canadian Team's jersey. Sucks to be them.

GO Ottawa!!! (Never thought I'd say that...)

watusi77 said:
Just remember guys that once the Stanley Cup parade is over and the players begin to take
the Cup to their home towns, if Ottawa wins the closest it will get to Ottawa is Shawville.
If Anaheim wins it will come home to Ottawa and Almonte (outside of Ottawa). Just because
people are posted outside of Canada, it doesn't make them any less Canadian, it makes them
appreciate it all he more. There are as many Canadians with the Disney Ducks as their are
with the Senators.

so you're saying the cup wont go to ottawa? dunno what you've been smoking but in reality, i dont think the team and the teams managment are that stupid to bring it everywhere BUT the city they play for and have been getting cheers for since they came into the league...  :-\

canada has players on every team so that debate is useless..

What he  Said is the players get to take the Cup to their own destination ie) their hometown, for a certain amount of time. Which yes the cup will be away from Ottawa

Infantry_ said:
What he  Said is the players get to take the Cup to their own destination ie) their hometown, for a certain amount of time. Which yes the cup will be away from Ottawa

i understand what he said, but it still goes to ottawa for a period of time

thats like saying if toronto won the cup and nobody on the team was from toronto it wouldnt be there for a day or so.. no dice.

Infantry_ said:

Well yes, but what he fails to realize that is the cup will be in Canada for the majority of the upcoming year during those times it is not in the hometown of a foreign player.

See?? It's in this country for a longer period when this country wins it. As it should be.

Geez, if Anaheim wins it we only get it while their Canadian players bring it home to visit and it is considered to belong to an American franchise. Ottawa wins it, it's ours. It only goes out to visit for a bit...then comes right back here where it belongs...with a Canadian franchise.

And don't call me biased...I'm a Bruins fan.  ;)

It matters not where the players were born.  Heck, when Detroit won the cup a couple of years back, my in-laws neighbour brought the cup home to London, ON, right across the street where my beloved grew up. And he played for the dreaded Wings!  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Williams_%28ice_hockey%29)

So, it pains me to say "Go Sens", so I won't.

Here's hoping it's a great series!

Ottawa's City Hall is all dressed up (you'd think there was something about a team being in the finals or something....)

And the long line ups for tickets....

(Just kidding, it was the start to the 10k race the other day)

Captain Sensible said:
So, it pains me to say "Go Sens", so I won't.

Ohh, it pains me to say "Go Sens" too, but I'd prefer to see the cup in Canada more frequently than in the States (as it would be if the Ducks win) so....

"GO Sens!!!!"    ;D

...arghhh Boston...you're slowly killing me more each season!!  :mad:

Umm, here it is (I hope)  :-[
Quack.jpg

See Don Cherry mention Cpl McCully and show his picture?  I believe he said: "It's hard to know what to say at a time like this.  God love 'ya."  I thought, good on 'ya Don

I'll say... but it's only game one, and they have to lose a few as much as we hate it  :(

Ottawa in 7.

And I did predict an easy Liberal victory here in PEI today (ask Capt Sensible...he has it in writing!!) despite the media calling for a race that would be too close to call.

It's the witchy family powers in me!!

Yrys said:
mmm, why then aren't you playing loto a bit more  :D ?
Hey!! I'm getting closer. I had 3 numbers Saturday night...and won a whopping 10 bucks.  ;)

they looked unorganized tonight, plain and simple. not completing passes, too many give aways. we'll take the next game on wednesday though

The Librarian said:
Ottawa in 7.

And I did predict an easy Liberal victory here in PEI today (ask Capt Sensible...he has it in writing!!) despite the media calling for a race that would be too close to call.

*ahem*  And I quote:
"I predict the liberals as well based upon the majority of gabbing going on over here….
But I predict them to take back the Island in a big way."

The Librarian, 28 May, 2007 at 9:41 a.m. ADT.

Back