• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next selection board June 9?

Kincanucks can you confirm this?  I spoke to the clerk handling my file in Winnipeg and she thought it was still on?

mbhabfan said:
Kincanucks can you confirm this?   I spoke to the clerk handling my file in Winnipeg and she thought it was still on?

It was cancelled by CFRG HQ on 31 May 05 @1631 hrs.

thanks for the info....you get mad when people on here question the information provided by clerks etc handling their files and yet another error on her part.   Is the cancellation of this board not common knowledge or where is the inefficiency?

mbhabfan said:
thanks for the info....you get mad when people on here question the information provided by clerks etc handling their files and yet another error on her part.   Is the cancellation of this board not common knowledge or where is the inefficiency?

For some reason the information wasn't passed down to her.  This sometimes happens in the larger centres.  Blame the people above her not her.

Well it seems that while CFRG cancelled the 13 Jun 05 board they decided to hold a 09 Jun board.  Same as before PM with surname and CFRC/D.

Trades that will be selected real time (as in probably everyday) are:

011, 021, 031, 065, 276, 284, 285, 286, 278, and 215.  Anyone deemed suitability for any of these trades will be selected until they are full so get them while they are hot.

What is the cutoff date for files to be merit listed for the next selection board? A few days ahead of the actual date or is it earlier than that?

P-Free said:
What is the cutoff date for files to be merit listed for the next selection board? A few days ahead of the actual date or is it earlier than that?

The day before.

Thanks again to kincanucks.....I am so happy right now....thanks for your time on this and every other board on here.

kincanucks,

Just to clarify, when you say trades selected real time, do you mean people are selected for these trades at the next selection board or as soon as their file is merit listed?

Cheers.

CFRG HQ will most likely run a selection for these trades every day until they are full.

Kincanucks what are the average wait times from being selected to the actual offer?  I am not sure if there is a set answer I am just trying to plan my summer and fall a bit.  I am self employed and it will take a bit of time for things to work out here.  Thanks.

mbhabfan said:
Kincanucks what are the average wait times from being selected to the actual offer?   I am not sure if there is a set answer I am just trying to plan my summer and fall a bit.   I am self employed and it will take a bit of time for things to work out here.   Thanks.

There is no set time but they try to get them down ASAP.  The offers are being put out by another CFRG department that is under manned and works a fast as possible.  Ballpark, anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few weeks.  They are filling the end of Aug BMQs now so you could be looking at Sept or Oct. Cheers.

I was just selected last week for my trade: NESOP.  Not too many people go for that trade and the Navy really needs them. So hopefully I'll be on my basic soon...

Gunner_Pyza said:
I was just selected last week for my trade: NESOP.   Not too many people go for that trade and the Navy really needs them. So hopefully I'll be on my basic soon...

When did they contact you to let you know that you were selected?  I'm merit listed for NAVCOMM, and eagerly awaiting the call.

When is the next selection board?

My nearest RC is Vancouver and I would really like to get in, I think Im a pretty strong candidate.
Strong in math and very strong physically with high endurance. A little overweight, but Im working on that.

Gotta loose some extra weight, 220 at the moment, but my idea weight is 205. Im a big fella. :)
I have a very wide body naturally, broad shouldered and broad chested, which contributes to my higher than average weight.

MasterChiefBognar said:
When did they contact you to let you know that you were selected?   I'm merit listed for NAVCOMM, and eagerly awaiting the call.

I email my recruiting officer here and there, just to check up on my file.  I think that emailing the recruitment centre is probably less annoying than calling.  But anyways, last monday was the selection boards so I decided to email and just see if I was selected or not.  He replyed saying I was selected...but no details as to when I would leave.

Oh just a question, I didn't really want to start whole new thread for it.  But can you also do basic in Borden??  ...I always thought it was only St. Jean.

Back