• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Newbie Questions

R

RockinRob

Okay for starters would like to say hi to all...as this is my first post ive been reading alot here and found alot of usefull information. thank you‘s

if i were to enroll into the candian army as a_______ still un sure of area.

how long is the service?.

whats this stuff i hear of sign on bonus?.

if i was looking on furthering my education and hands on skills in the computer area could anyone recomend an area.

If you want to research different trades in the CF, take a look at the recruiting site: they have a ton of detail on each available trade.

If you‘re planning to join the regular force, the minimum contract is 3 years. (longer if you‘re applying for certain trades, programs etc.)

As for a signing bonus, that‘s only available if you have, say, an M.D. or a B.Eng. of an B.Sc.N. next to your name. They‘re short on certain degrees and qualifications, so if you‘re an engineer, doctor, dentist, nurse, or anything else important in real life already, then you may qualify for the signing bonus. Otherwise, don‘t bet on it.

Actually, signing bonuses are not strictly for doctors, nurses, or engineers. Yes, these are the most signicant bonuses, but bonuses are available for mechanics, electricians, etc. According to newspaper recruiting ads, there is a $10,000 bonus available for experienced tradespeople (in fields such as those I mentioned i.e. electrician, electronics, mechanic, etc). The bonus becomes $20,000 if you have previous military experience.

Best bet is to call a recruiting centre to get further details.

There is also a $20,000 bonus for applicants with a recognized civilian trade qualification that will allow the bypass of some or all of the required MOC Trg. This is different form the $10,000 bonus for applicants with an education that will allow the bypass of some or all of the required MOC Trg. Another $20,000 bonus is available to MOC qualified applicants (Reserve of former Reg Force), who can bypass of some or all of the required MOC Trg. There are 19 MOCs that these bonuses apply to, and an individual may only receive one of the bonuses (so you will not get $50,000 for being educated, licensed, and a reservist in the same MOC).

Details can be found in CANFORGEN 118/01, ADM (HR – Mil) 068 192100Z Oct 01

Back