• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New solution to all the army's problems: the "world's most interesting backpack"

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if it is junk or the greatest thing since cased ammunition, but they should get a cookie for including a feature titled "Backscabbard."

http://www.eberlestock.com/introducing_the_skycrane.htm

Some interesting concepts there.....

daftandbarmy said:
Finally.... a ruck that can easily accommodate my 2 handed Claymore.
See, I did not think of that.  I wonder how the pack looks in a tartan?

It actually looks like it was designed more for sniper teams and long term OPs than your average gravel belly. I can't imagine needing all those (expensive/ heavy/ complicated) bells and whistles to accommodate a sleeping bag, shelter half, pair of socks, rats, fleece jacket and basic ammo load. I would also want to kick the ass of the first guy I found with his primary weapon stuffed down his back vs. butt in the shoulder....

Must be off now - my Triceratops is double parked.... ;D

When snipers deploy, the sniper weapon is only used for sniping, not for local defense. That's why the sniper weapon is stowed that way.

I had a chance to check out the Eberlestock stuff at SHOT show.  Very well constructed, relatively comfortable, and well though out from a sniper equipment standpoing (I'm not a sniper, but am basing this comment on other feedback I've received from people within that community).

Definitely not for everybody, but these packs have definitely found a niche market.

That thing looks hella comfy but no frame can you trust the durability? Wear and tear might get at it causing weak spots and such much faster. They say 210 Lbs of gear but over how long of a duration will that last if it's just stitching..? Just a thought.

Crisco said:
That thing looks hella comfy but no frame can you trust the durability? Wear and tear might get at it causing weak spots and such much faster. They say 210 Lbs of gear but over how long of a duration will that last if it's just stitching..? Just a thought.

If I remember correctly, it does have an internal frame setup.

looks good on paper and pictures and I think it did mention something about a frame for the pack. But as these things go, I' expecting this things to last for years and years, so gotta see how it holds up after heavy use in the field.

Ah totally missed the internal frame part. Bad reading I tend to skim through. If that thing truely is as durable as they make it out to be, tactically, since it can be downsized, it's probably in my opinion the best idea for a ruck.

...and it looks like it can carry our new sea-can containers   barrack boxes!  ;D

I don't know about you guys, but I finally found the ruck that suit my needs and my requirement to bring everything I might every possibly need!

Colin P said:
I don't know about you guys, but I finally found the ruck that suit my needs and my requirement to bring everything I might every possibly need!

Ah yes, the first guy in backpack. The lucky guy who carries this gets to set up the FOBs!

Looks very nicly made , I made something similar 7 years ago called it the SWS here is a link http://www.smamit.co.il/modules.php?name=treeview&section_id=9&category_id=20&op=tv_view_page

I found that is was a bit overkill for the type of work we do in the IDF reserves ,Afterwards I made some simpler versions,
It works with a well with chest rig not so much with belt kit which I like to use

daftandbarmy said:

I Know, it's the hardest thing to try to attach a two handed claymore to the back of your tackvest

Quote from: daftandbarmy on June 10, 2008, 00:54:46

I Know, it's the hardest thing to try to attach a two handed claymore to the back of your tackvest

Exactly. The tacvest was what did Braveheart in.

Colin P said:

Looks like the next generation of CF rucksack

Back