• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM-Subsidized Education Plan?

korey

Inactive
Reaction score
My original plans were to join the reserves and hopefully getting into one of the combat arms trades. I went through the whole application proccess without a glitch untill my vision results came back and it turned out a a v4. I was talking to a local recruiter and was told that because im taking an Electronics Engineering course in college I am elligible for the NCM-Subsidized Education Plan. I would just need to sign a contract saying after i graduate I would commit 5 years to the CF as a E/O Tech (Tuition and books paid for plus $29,000 per year while in school salary). I was just wondering if anyone else has used this entry plan and what there experiences with it are? The financial aspect of it sounds awesome, but dont know if i can make a commitment that large without having ANY military experience, nor do I know if I would enjoy a job as an Electronics/Optronics Tech.
Thanks alot!

1st question?

Do you want to be in the CF and serve your country?

All $$ benefits aside.

5 years of (proudly) serving Canada is, even without Joe and Jane Taxpayer paying for this and that, is something to be proud of in itself.  We (the CF) really are a great bunch of lad's and lassie's...

Oh I forgot to mention...lots of people who join the military have...no military experience!  ;)

MRM

No, I wouldnt do it only for the money, i think the experience would be amazing. Yes, im well aware that MANY people in the military stepped into it without any experience, but in my case, if i decided it wasnt for me, I would have to hand back that $73,000 haha.. Anyways, i'd just like to know if anyone else has done this, and to be honest im surprised ALOT of young people aren't taking advantage of this oppourtunity.

Don't forget about the 'up to $2000' a year the CF offers to reserve members.  If you're in school and are unsure of your future, maybe its best to take it easy until you can make a well-informed decision.

Amsdel said:
Don't forget about the 'up to $2000' a year the CF offers to reserve members.  If you're in school and are unsure of your future, maybe its best to take it easy until you can make a well-informed decision.
Reserve plan is:
50% of tuition & books up to a max of 2000$ per year, for a lifetime max of 8000$
If you join regs afterwards and there is a signing bonus... you have to deduct the 2-8K you already received.....

Back