• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM REG F 14 JAN 05 SELECTION RESULTS ARE NOW IN

P Kaye said:
>> 1940 people boarded and 125 selected
Wow... I had no idea the reg-force army was so competative to get into.
Does anybody know the annual national ratio of applications to positions?

Sorry the numbers are a liitle misleading.  Most of those 1940 applicants were going for trades that weren't open this time.  Normally, there are 2.5 applicants for every position.

Sometimes a recruiter will give you a half answer because he does not want to give you the wrong info.   This happened to me today, actually several weeks ago but it caught up to me today.   I gave someone the wrong information, he made a few decisions based on this bad info and now he is understandably angry with me and thinks I'm dishonest.   I apologized and gave him my supervisors contact info and encouraged him to call and complain.   I can't take back my mistake but hopefully he will find satisfaction in talking with my boss.   I will be more careful in the future and will ensure that I don't make this mistake again, but now you, the applicant, can understand why you sometimes get half answers and "I can't say" from recruiters.

As I have said in previous posts and others in the recruiting world have said, if you are not comfortable with the answer you received, ask someone else.

Its just a frustration of how the system is setup, and clearly there isnt much being done to change it, as its been the same for at least the last 2 years....  but thats any govnt dept for ya :)

Kinacanucks:

1) How competitive is the DEO process right now? Similar 2.5 to one position?

2) What is the "military potential" based off of.. I mean, for the majority who dont have cadets or reserve or reg experience... what goes into that decision, surely there is a set standard way to calculate it?

3) Officers are assessed on leadership potential as well...  same question as 2? Is thi sjust taking into account team captain, volunteer/superivsory experience?

4)  Who "sits" on these boards...  is this just the CO of CFRG who decides when this will all happen? DO random officers get pulled to make these calls or is it just a set group who work at CFRG who meet for a few days and decide?

5) Transcripts...  esp for DEO candidates... how are these considered....  and if I supply my High school grades with my Uni grades... well what value is my high schoolg rades.. and in the grand scheme of thigns, how much do grades really matter?

Muchos Gracias.
Hopefully Ive been specific enough.

Meridian said:
Its just a frustration of how the system is setup, and clearly there isnt much being done to change it, as its been the same for at least the last 2 years....   but thats any govnt dept for ya :)

Kinacanucks:

1) How competitive is the DEO process right now? Similar 2.5 to one position?

2) What is the "military potential" based off of.. I mean, for the majority who dont have cadets or reserve or reg experience... what goes into that decision, surely there is a set standard way to calculate it?

3) Officers are assessed on leadership potential as well...   same question as 2? Is thi sjust taking into account team captain, volunteer/superivsory experience?

4)   Who "sits" on these boards...   is this just the CO of CFRG who decides when this will all happen? DO random officers get pulled to make these calls or is it just a set group who work at CFRG who meet for a few days and decide?

5) Transcripts...   esp for DEO candidates... how are these considered....   and if I supply my High school grades with my Uni grades... well what value is my high schoolg rades.. and in the grand scheme of thigns, how much do grades really matter?

Muchos Gracias.
Hopefully Ive been specific enough.

It is KINCANUCKS.

1.  Very competitive.  105 good files for 2 Log O positions last boards.  65 good files for approx 35 Infantry O positions.  Normally about 4 to 1.

2. How you respnd to the interview questions, your activities, physical fitness and any leadership/management experience you may have had.

3. DEOs are asked the same questions as the NCM with more emphasis on demonstrated leadership and knowledge of leadership.  A DEO had better know current affairs and demonstrate very good knowledge of the CF.

4. DEO Boards right? Officers from different CFRC/Ds  are part of the boards, along with a representative from the occupation.  A staff officer from CFRG HQ runs the whole thing.

5. As mentioned in a previous post HS subjects are important for some DEO occupations that may require a higher science or math ability.  And that ability may not be evident in your degree.  Also as mentioned before academics count for 20 per cent of the DEO boards.  :salute: :cdn:

Sorry, KINCanucks :)

Thanks for the answers.

One last one:  For DEO boards, you mentioned it was 4-1...  Are there different "results" you can get back from a board? Ie "Junk this file, Keep it for the next board, Highlight for next board, Selected"?

What I mean by this is, do files just keep getting boarded, or do they get tossed as soon as they go through one and do not get selected?

Meridian said:
Sorry, KINCanucks :)

Thanks for the answers.

One last one:   For DEO boards, you mentioned it was 4-1...   Are there different "results" you can get back from a board? Ie "Junk this file, Keep it for the next board, Highlight for next board, Selected"?

What I mean by this is, do files just keep getting boarded, or do they get tossed as soon as they go through one and do not get selected?

Files can be selected, wait listed (if one of the selected turns it down) or not selected in competition (NSIC).   Files that are NSIC are told that they can try again next time or forget it you will never be a @@@@@ try something else.

What is the general criteria for a file to be considered NSIC?  Is it just a poor interview?

spenco said:
What is the general criteria for a file to be considered NSIC?   Is it just a poor interview?

NSIC = little or no leadership/supervisory experience, low university marks, low CFAT score, low motivation for occupation, etc.

Hi Kincanucks, I noticed yesterday that there were postings all around the job boards from DND, including, get this....Armoured, oh finally there is a santa clause. Do you know if this is part of the "New 5000" or something else. Any idea when the selection board relative to those postings will be, thanks for any help. Cheers  :salute:

Sir

I am up for compulsory reassignment and am waiting on my PERS file.  When would be the optimum time to go, provided of course I get my PERS file from Kingston,  to the BPSO to have the most trade choices?

I am hoping to go 565 ACS and I was in a 400 series trade.  End of March? Mid April? What will the BPSO be looking for with regards to matching my trade choice with me (eg...I have welding experience, would that count for anything?)

Any other advice you can give me about this situation or any advice at all would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Sir.  :salute:

Island Ryhno said:
Hi Kincanucks, I noticed yesterday that there were postings all around the job boards from DND, including, get this....Armoured, oh finally there is a santa clause. Do you know if this is part of the "New 5000" or something else. Any idea when the selection board relative to those postings will be, thanks for any help. Cheers   :salute:

Job postings are done all the time and are not related in any way to how many jobs are available.  In fact you will see these "dumb" postings even when the occupation is filled. I say dumb because they sometimes mislead people.  For example, 100 drivers needed in Calgary.  There has not been any official direction given on when we will start recruiting extra to eventually meet the 5000.  As usual it is always easier to say you want something then it is to actually get it.

lostlittle1 said:
Sir

I am up for compulsory reassignment and am waiting on my PERS file.   When would be the optimum time to go, provided of course I get my PERS file from Kingston,   to the BPSO to have the most trade choices?

I am hoping to go 565 ACS and I was in a 400 series trade.   End of March? Mid April? What will the BPSO be looking for with regards to matching my trade choice with me (eg...I have welding experience, would that count for anything?)

Any other advice you can give me about this situation or any advice at all would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Sir.   :salute:

Sorry can't help you trade reassignments are outside my realm.  Check with the BPSO.

Back