• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Shamrock's LEO II type thingy is the new Indian MBT, Arjun (Jap Type 90, six road wheels...)

May I?
It is an easy one, so let's add a little challenge: name the tank, and who it belonged to.
The background in the photo should give it away.

My WW2 AFV is not up to par sooooo......Ram?

Here's a couple.

Bingo, partially.
Correct answer is: "Forceful III was the tank that belonged to Lieutenant-Colonel E.M. Smith, DSO, ED and saw action with 21 Canadian Armoured Regiment (GGFG) throughout Northwest Europe.  “Forceful” was the only tank of the original 69 issued to the Regiment to fight through France, Holland, Belgium and Germany that was not put out of action."
(http://www.cyberus.ca/~ggfg/Forceful.htm)

Film0081.JPG

Centurion - Australian 105mm type (judging by the IR searchlight, main gun, lack of side skirts and the terrain...)

How about this one - quite obscure:

Conqueror , was a british development tank, had a 105mm weighed in around 80t

"Bingo, partially.
Correct answer is: "Forceful III was the tank that belonged to Lieutenant-Colonel E.M. Smith, DSO, ED and saw action with 21 Canadian Armoured Regiment (GGFG) throughout Northwest Europe.  “Forceful” was the only tank of the original 69 issued to the Regiment to fight through France, Holland, Belgium and Germany that was not put out of action."
(http://www.cyberus.ca/~ggfg/Forceful.htm)"

BINGO partially agian

Thats the cartier Square Drill Hall home of the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa and the Govoner generals foot guards

Thats an older photo a few years old we no longer have the tank but there is a monument there to a GGFG Boer war vet and a Bren Gun carrier.

koko_00 said:
Thats an older photo a few years old we no longer have the tank but there is a monument there to a GGFG Boer war vet and a Bren Gun carrier.

Yer welcome for the paint job on the Universal carrier BTW    ;)

Still waiting for someone to name the one's I put up.....

Regards

From what I can tell (correct me if im wrong) but the top one looks like a Bren gun carrier.

Back