• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Armymedic said:
Leo 1 A3 model...not Canadian. We never had the boxy night sight.

It looks Australian.

Yes those are Aussie tanks and trees alright. Its dusty, and judging no jungle vegitation, its not Darwin, but most likely Puckapunyal in Victoria. Thats where the School of Armour lives and plays.

Cheers,

Wes

That's exactly where it is.....according to the caption with the photo anyway ;D.

BTR 70 Romainia

They refer to it as the APC 70

next.....

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/frank249/lav.jpg">These</a> two <a href="http://www.geocities.com/frank249/lav-2.jpg">pictures</a> appear to show a Canadian Grizzly being paraded in Belgrade after it was captured by the Serbs from the R22nd.
I have some more info <a href="http://www.geocities.com/frank249/lostgriz.html">here - near bottom of page</a> but I have never seen anything where the Army admits losing a Grizzly that was never returned.  Apparently the Serbs also captured enough .50 cal ammo to supply that unit for a few months.  Anyone ever hear about this?

Teddy, gonna post some for us?

Edit:  Oh, he went offline.  I'll jump the queue then.

0603.jpg

Edit 2:
Here's a frontal
arjun4.jpg

I would guess Leopard 2 as well....by the shape of the front of the turret....but that's only a guess at this point..... ;D

Gentlefolks.  When identifying unknown armour, think SHAT (suspension, hull, armament, turret).

I can provide a greater breakdown on how to do so in PM.

Shamrock:  Indian Army Arjun MBT

Here's a VERY easy one (but name both vehicles):

421_1105887538_afgh39.jpg

That Leo 2 looking-creature is a Japanese Type 90, nescafe?

Edit: Oops. Don't drink and do AFV recognition!

I had to zoom in very tightly, but they both appear to be Raleigh bicycles, possibly 10 speeds.  Raleigh is British.

Apologies for the obscure tank, just wanted to challenge Mr. Ruxpin.  Guess we're all going to have to try a little harder, perhaps with just portions of vehicles?

TR- Great picture of the terrain. Can you give us some scale here? How far is it to the small town way off in the distance at the base of the mountain and is that a highway running just below it?

Cheers

Teddy Ruxpin....

I would say that the tracked vehicle is a Danish Army Cv 9036 Mk III, and the other vehicle is a Mercedes G-Wagon variant. Isn't that a Danish flag next to the ISAF on the AFV?

nsmedicman:  Very close.  The vehicles are from the Norwegian recce sqn.  The track is a CV9030 "Storm" - Norwegian army, with a G Wagon. 

W601:  There's dead ground between the house in the foreground and the cluster of houses in the back.  You're probably looking at about 3000m, but that's a guess based entirely on the photo.  The mountains are about 11000 feet. 

Beretta SCP 70/90?  I'm guessing the guy's an Italian (San Marco) Marine...

Back