• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My recruiting horror story so far....

tannerthehammer

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Ok so i started the process in mid jan 2005 and I haven't really recieved any feedback so I call the recruiting centre march 21...Finally getting to talk to someone without getting an answering machine they are like oh your file was sent back to the regiment after everything was completed...

So now everything was done and my file was somewhere sitting in someones office at the reserve regiment I applied to...So I call them up to ask what is going on and they send me to another ext. who sends me back to them so I say F*** THIS!   I drive down to the armoury and ask about my file...They can't find my file....

So they open up this guys office who is in charge of the unit I will be in and there is stacks of papers and folders EVERYWHERE! I'm like "Someone actually works in here? They are like yes and look around for my file amongst piles of papers all over everything...Well sorry we can't find it and this person is on compassionate leave.....

So they take my name and number and tell me that he will call me when he gets back and this could be god knows how long...

What would happen if they lost my file? would all my stuff be on file at the recruiting centre?

what location are you from ?

Im finding this is one of the biggest problems for us latley because once a recruiter loses the candidate to the recruiting center, we dont really have contact with the person...This is mostly the fault of the recruiter, for a lack of contact and should be worked on.

Hopefully this isn't one of our local units because i find this lack of responsibility disturbing and one of the reasons its so hard to retain good candidates.

sorry to hear of the situation, hopefully your files will be located soon, As long as you have been approved for employment  your unit should be able to swear you in and have you begin working while your file is being "located"

Back