• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Montreal fun...

geo said:
Ahhhh.... Miracle Mart!

LOL, seriously though it was worth the trip to see that church. If you can appreciate architecture then this is a must see.

You're right...St. Joseph's Oratory is pretty awesome whether you're religious or not.  Can you imagine those folks who do their pilgrimage there and go up all those steps on their knees???  I had trouble just going up the normal way! (and here I am about to do my physical to join the Reserves...yikes!) 
:D But I thought your sense of humour was dead-on.

deedster said:
Is there still only the one Keg in Montréal?

nope... there are now two outlets.
1st  St Paul street, off of Place Jacques Cartier
2nd René Levesque blvd on the ground floor of Place Ville Marie, tower 2 @ corner of metcalfe - or is that mansfield?

Even with your GF with you, St Catherines is still a blast. Make sure your credit card is clear so she can shop(jk)

There are quite a few great restaurants around, and even some of the church tours are amazing. I'd say just wander and enjoy yourselves, that is all me and some platoon mates did for an entire weekend in Montreal...and it was one of the best weekends we have had!

Okay I have a few questions/comments then.

First thing I learn... Grande deux et deux... I was set then.

The highway police have funny looking cars. I thought I seen one with a roof rack of some sort.

What is this CSLC place? I see tons of signs around. I was thinking they sell the beer there.

SAQ... I thought it was a computer store with the sign of a box on it. Boys, was I wrong.

And why can't I turn on a red light? Watch me..

And Maxi Store... your not kidding me... it's your version of the Altantic Superstore... with beer and wine!!! I was pissed when I found they didn't sell Jager there.

French folks don't understand the term "yes b'y" hehehe

But other than that...I had a BLAST.

TN2IC said:
Okay I have a few questions/comments then.

What is this CSLC place? I see tons of signs around. I was thinking they sell the beer there.

Kind'a like a walk-in-clinic with social services, etc...

TN2IC said:
SAQ... I thought it was a computer store with the sign of a box on it. Boys, was I wrong.

Société des Alcools du Québec (their version of our LCBO in Ontario)

And i'm back.

It was a great trip and we did some pretty cool things.  Unfortunately some of the touristy places were closed in the winter, but apart from that it was fun.  We got some great food, some great drink.  The only thing missing was a Leaf win.

Oh and what is up with Montreal drivers?  They are quite possibly some of the most aggressive I've ever seen.  They make Toronto drivers look good! 

I am a PRO now after driving in there. Look out tunnel.... here I come!!!

;D

Back