• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

The Capt that did my interview told me $1400/month if you are single, $1850/month if you are married

I am sure pay during BMQ has been discussed here before......

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/16015.0.html

and just to clarify for some and perhaps muddy for others -

members with dependants (married, kids) often receive more net pay as the taxes deducted are lower than their single counter-parts.  Off the top if memory serves correct I am paying approx $100 less per month in taxes as I have dependants that are tax deductible.

do you get paid for being in basic training while you are there and if so then could you give me an estimate about how much per hour and what is the usual pay every 2 weeks while there for a ncm? thank you
ps i tried looking on the net for this info but had no luck.

Before people jump on you here, just take a few minutes searching on this website.  I'm pretty sure this particular question has been answered.  However, if after reading the material you still have questions, by all means, post it!

Its a bit of a broad question as well - are you inquiring abour reg force, reserve, or cadet training?

I'm doing my SQ and trade training this summer, I am at the a Pte(b) I belive pay rate (about 105$ a day).

My question is how is pay calculated for courses, is it an issue of the course is Y days and your payrate is X so it is just a matter of pay = (Y)(X) or is it calculated though another method?

Appreciate it.

When you go away on course, you will be on a Class B employment contract from the day you leave until you get back home.  You will be paid for every day during that contract (even the weekends you don't work), including your travel days as required.

as Pte...there are I believe 3 Incentive Pay categories, so its not guaranteed you are at 105$ per day...these are approximations, IPC1= 80$ per day, IPC2= 90$ per day, IPC3= 105$ per day.

to figure out your pay, look at your message, your unit should give you some kind of joining instruction, course message something....it will specify the number of days you will be paid for and at what pay grade.

Biggoals2bdone said:
as Pte...there are I believe 3 Incentive Pay categories, so its not guaranteed you are at 105$ per day...these are approximations, IPC1= 80$ per day, IPC2= 90$ per day, IPC3= 105$ per day.

to figure out your pay, look at your message, your unit should give you some kind of joining instruction, course message something....it will specify the number of days you will be paid for and at what pay grade.

It's complicated, I was in for awhile, went on supplemental for awhile then rejoined. I've been parading with my unit in the PAT platoon since I'm only BMQ (orginoally I was going to get re-sent on BMQ but they told me i'm just going to SQ now) but I've been getting paid 105$ for full days. I can go find an invoice but I think it says my rate as Pte(b). So idk, thats what i've been getting at my unit, i just assumed my rate would be the same on course.

I was just trying to estimate how much I'd get for course, I'm doing SQ and my trade training (use to be BIQ, i think it's something different now). Just wondering if to estimate my pay I just take the number of days the courses are set to run and multiply it by my pay rate of if well on course the pay equasion is changed.

If it's just course days x pay thats pretty good, at 105$ a day that could be close to 3000$ a month if the course are a full 30 days.

Michael O'Leary said:
When you go away on course, you will be on a Class B employment contract from the day you leave until you get back home.  You will be paid for every day during that contract (even the weekends you don't work), including your travel days as required.

Better than I remember, good deal for two months of summer work. Thanks  :salute:

Pte(b) is your rank...not your IPC.

Pay goes by Rank and IPC.
Rank determines what category you will be in on the left hand of the pay scale (Pte, Corporal A, Corporal B, Sergeant, etc)

Incentive Pay Category (IPC) refers to the Time in that particular pay grade.

so you could be Pte (b) at IPC 1 just like you could be Pte (b) at IPC 3.

Am i explaining it ok?

Biggoals2bdone said:
Pte(b) is your rank...not your IPC.

Pay goes by Rank and IPC.
Rank determines what category you will be in on the left hand of the pay scale (Pte, Corporal A, Corporal B, Sergeant, etc)

Incentive Pay Category (IPC) refers to the Time in that particular pay grade.

so you could be Pte (b) at IPC 1 just like you could be Pte (b) at IPC 3.

Am i explaining it ok?

Yea I get it now. Perhaps I get paid the 105$ (which is IPC 3?) because I've been in longer, even though the majority of that time I was not active. Odd, but I'm not going to complain.

You will get $106.08 (pte ipc 3) per day you are employed so for a 30 day period you are paid $3182.40 gross.  Take out your deductions - mess dues, tax, cpp, ei - been a while but a quick guess estimate would be somewhere around 25%.

Yeah I'm not going to be the only one losing weight during BMQ in my household.  Even on EI I make better than that.  Figure a mortgage of $900 a month, groceries for my wife and two teenagers and bills and deductions...  Mind you I knew when I applied that I'll be taking a 60% pay cut from my regular working wage.

The recruiting centre told me the other day that the pay rate for BMQ is now $2585/month, then you take off about $450 for room/food, $100 for pension deductions and then CPP, EI and taxes (not sure about those), should work out to around $1400 net pay after all the deductions

Kel_115124 said:
The recruiting centre told me the other day that the pay rate for BMQ is now $2585/month, then you take off about $450 for room/food, $100 for pension deductions and then CPP, EI and taxes (not sure about those), should work out to around $1400 net pay after all the deductions

Thats it, 1400/2 on the 15th and last day of the month, between 650-750 per pay.

Without starting a new thread, and related to this topic, can someone please tell me if I get paid between courses in the event that my Naval Environmental Training course doesnt start immediately after basic?

Would I also be paid between NET and my actual job training if there were a gap between courses?

Thanks.

Back