• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May BMOQ?

new_man12

Inactive
Reaction score
The next BMOQ is in May.  When does the military start giving job offers for those training sessions?  I was merit listed and was not selected to go for Jan, but hoping I can make it for May, just wondering when people start getting offers?

The May BMOQ is not approved yet and likely will not become official until mid-March.  The new fiscal year Strategic Intake Plan is not out yet so we don't know how many positions we are hiring for until it is approved.
Once it is approved it becomes effective 1 April  and if you are merit listed you may receive a job offer in March, April or even later based on vacancies and how much competition there is for your occupation.

Hurry up and WAIT!

May 5 BMOQ is now open for loading. CFRG must have read my post and decided to prove me wrong. Let the processing begin! If only we had vacancy numbers!

CFR FCS

Recieved an "unoffical" offer today for the May BMOQ. Was told I will recieve an official offer in Feb. Quite exicited to be heading to St Jean and glad to have time to improve my physical training.

when were you merit listed?  also, how did you receive this unofficial offer...via telephone or e-mail??

I was merit listed in november. I received the unofficial offer via telephone.

Did the recruiting centre call you or someone from Ottawa?  Also, what part of the country are you from and what trade?

Anyone else receive an offer yet? I was Merit listed in January for AEC. Hoping to get to go in May, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am from Ontario. Going AEC. I believe it was the recruiting centre that called me. Good luck Formulaateel! Hope to meet ya in May!

I am going AEC too.  I will be merit listed very soon then we will probably meet in May BMOQ!

Hello everyone,

I was recently merit listed and after a chat with my cfrc I was told that there were 3 dates open for BMOQ that they were putting people into. May 4, 11 and 18. I was also notified that these are currently full and I would be looking at august as the next date for BMOQ. Can someone confirm this? and is anyone here going on one of these dates?

Also, they said that the may 4 BMOQ has 9 people in it yet it is full. These courses only take 9 people? that doesn't seem right. I know this is very discouraging news. I hope it's not true or there's some sort of mistake that maybe someone on this board can clarify and maybe put our minds at ease somewhat.

As far as I know, it's the CDA (Canadian Defence Academy) that loads people on these courses not CFRC. I'm in the midst of a CT w/OT and got this email back on 6 Feb 08:

"First, you have now completed all phase, now in the process with CDA BTL to load you on your BOMQ. ( will know apprx end of Feb)"

I've never been on any military course that had only 9 people so it may be that 9 are confirmed and more are in process. But I'm sure somebody will come in and tell me everything I've said is wrong.  ;D

logairoff said:
Hello everyone,

I was recently merit listed and after a chat with my cfrc I was told that there were 3 dates open for BMOQ that they were putting people into. May 4, 11 and 18. I was also notified that these are currently full and I would be looking at august as the next date for BMOQ. Can someone confirm this? and is anyone here going on one of these dates?

Also, they said that the may 4 BMOQ has 9 people in it yet it is full. These courses only take 9 people? that doesn't seem right. I know this is very discouraging news. I hope it's not true or there's some sort of mistake that maybe someone on this board can clarify and maybe put our minds at ease somewhat.

I think CT is a different process and maybe that goes through CDA but for me I'm joining reg force DEO.
MY cfrc checked and said that they were about to slot me into a date but didnt know why it said that may 4 was full even with 9 people. It didnt allow them to slot me in so they said they would check on it to find out what was going on. I called the next week and was told that it was all full and I will most likely be looking at August for next BMOQ. That was very discouraging news for me and very hard to believe how this can be the case esbecially since new recruitment numbers will be coming and more offers will be made after april 1st...or so I thought. I can easily see how the CF can lose so many potentially new members through such a process.

I was told on Tuesday at the Windsor recruiting office that more offers would be going out April 1st. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Quick update to clear up some misconceptions.

There are a number of BMOQs scheduled in April and May however they are loaded principally with internally selected candidates such as Component Transfer and some others programmes, so the number of vacancies that CFRG can load for new CF officer cadets is limited (9 for example).

There are discussions underway to see if there is the potential to have another BMOQ scheduled to start in the April-May timeframe however don't get your hopes up yet as there are a lot of issues in play.  Yes, understand the issue of retaining interest however it's a balancing act on a number of pressing priorities that need training space and there is only so much that we can do to adapt our capacity as circumstances change.  There are a number of options possible and we are looking at them.

Next set of confirmed courses are August, as noted.

MKO

logairoff said:
Hello everyone,

I was merit listed last week and when I inquired this week I had a same response as yours. They says if the new BMOQ course will open then I will be going for May otherwise I will have to wait until August 31st. I agree with you, six month waiting is kind of discouraging.

Look on the bright side of not starting BMOQ in April... you won't be in St-Jean roasting with no a/c in the Mega, or in Farnham boiling in your own sweat with blackflies eating your face while wishing you started in August instead. ;)

If you start in August, work on a few OMPE's, and actually enjoy your summer!

I am in the same boat as CanadianClub, just recently Merit listed 3 weeks ago, finally I may add, and now I find this out.  So very discouraging.
I have also called my CFRC in hopes to get some further information on this, and on what is happening with my file.  Now I await to hear back from them.
I just find it really hard to beleive that out of 5* BMOQ's starting in May (3 English and 2 French...*Please correct me if I am wrong), they are already full.  I understand that more than just new applicants are selected for these, but to have them filled even before the new numbers are released for the 2009 fiscal year seems odd, specially when the CF is need of more people.
I apologize for complaining, I just feel like this process will never end.

Back