• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May 5th BMOQ

gryphonv

Reaction score
Since the date has been announced, and alot of us are getting our notices, I would like to start a thread about people going to the BMOQ on May 5th. May be a good place to get to know one another before we all get there.

Sur Name: Diamond
Trade: AEC

I'm a Newfie living in Winnipeg, Applied last summer, looking forward to this new lifestyle.

Sur Name: Jacobson

I live in Winnipeg. I applied April 1, 2007 (no joke -- pun intended), very excited to get on with a meaningful career.

Name Alhaq
Trade Signal (DEO)
Going on May 5th BMOQ
CFRC  Toronto
anyone else from GTA please contact, like to get together and get to know before head to St. Jean

Surname: Crawford
Age: 34 (Jacobson: Does this make you feel any better?  I was worried that I would be the senior OCdt  ;D)

London, ON.  Nothing is official yet, but I called my RO February 1st and got word that I had been accepted and scheduled, though they were waiting on some administrative work before they could call me with an official offer.  I got the impression that there was no remaining opportunity for failure, but I am still nervously awaiting the call.

I hope to see you all May 5Th!

Name Henry
Trade SIGS
Age 25

From Vancouver! See you guys at the swear-in March 31.  ;D

Name: Gehlert
Trade: MARS

Provided I don't seriously screw up at the NOAB next month I'll be joining all of you.  Also from Winnipeg, seems the city is being represented well.

Ryan
24 years
AEC

Recruiter called late January to tell me of my offer, but that he'd be giving me more information shortly.  He told me my swear in was 26 March, and flying out 28 March, but I'm assuming he misspoke considering I'm the only one with this date.  So I would imagine I'll be joining all of you May 5th.

Name: Paul
Trade: CELE

I got a call today getting the job offer. I'll be swearing in near the end of March, no official date yet, but I'll be heading out to St. Jean to start on May 5th. I'm looking forward to the challenge and meeting you all. I'm so excited!

Edit: Oh just wondering, how long are your contracts going to be? I was told that mine would be six years.

I understood that Officer is 9 years signup but maybe it depends on trade?
Does anyone know this: I see the new CFLRS training schedule is on PDF format and
colour coded. Looks neat. But cover page is still broken down is IAP and BOTP (vice BMOQ)
and listed as 9 weeks and 6 weeks respectively.
However when you check the PDF copy it has listings for a total of 12 weeks and 7 weeks
respectively. Does anyone know if that is the new length, 19 weeks and no longer 15 weeks???

Name: Smith
36 years old
I applied back in October out of Bathurst NB
Infantry

bcrawford said:
Age: 34 (Jacobson: Does this make you feel any better?  I was worried that I would be the senior OCdt  ;D)

Heh.. gald I'm not the only one.. but I just turned 40 so maybe not so much  ;D

My initial contract was for 6 years.

I'm trying to get onto this BMOQ, they're talking about not training any of the ROTP folks this year!

Name: MacKenzie
Trade: Signals (DEO)
CFRC  Halifax

Since getting the call a couple of weeks ago I now spend a lot of my time scouring the web looking for more information on what to look forward to during BMOQ.  If anyone has any interesting information to pass along, I'm all ears.

Also, does anyone know any details (dates, etc.) for:
Phase II: Common Army Phase
Phase III: Basic Signals Officers’ Course

Looking forward to meeting you all in May!

So fellow SIGS OCdt to-be, did we miss the recruitment bonus (if there is one in the first place)? That is to say, not that it matters of course, not at all...

There's still time to ask about the bonus!  I can't speak for everyone, but I was glad to hear that I will be receiving one.  I did notice that my initial contract is longer than others who posted here (9 years as opposed to 6 for the CELE above).

BTW ... I'm 31, married with 2 kids.  It seems the 30+ guys are out numbering the 'youngins'.

watusi said:
However when you check the PDF copy it has listings for a total of 12 weeks and 7 weeks
respectively. Does anyone know if that is the new length, 19 weeks and no longer 15 weeks???

We start May 5th and finish August 15th ... that's still 15 weeks by my count.

tayze said:
We start May 5th and finish August 15th ... that's still 15 weeks by my count.

Sounds perfect. Fingers crossed that I'll be joining you all in May. :)

Just got the word I won't be doing BMOQ with you fine folks.  None of the ROTP candidates this year are getting slated for BMOQs (sadly).  Looks like one last PRes tasking for me....

watusi said:
I understood that Officer is 9 years signup but maybe it depends on trade?
Does anyone know this: I see the new CFLRS training schedule is on PDF format and
colour coded. Looks neat. But cover page is still broken down is IAP and BOTP (vice BMOQ)
and listed as 9 weeks and 6 weeks respectively.
BMOQ is the total of both IAP and BOTP for the combined qual, makes little sense but hey welcome to the family, it doesn't often make sense

Well that's odd about the ROTP people not going on BMOQ this year, because I am ROTP and I just got told I will be getting sworn in "At the end of March" and going on BMOQ "At the beginning of May". Now since there aren't too many officer courses being run, I'm going to guess that I'll be with the May 5th group. My circumstances are a little different of course as I'm already going to have finished one year of Civvi U, and will be carrying on there. So to introduce myself:

Surname: Walter
Entry Plan: ROTP

I hope to see everyone there!

Back