• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for - CADPAT Private Epaulets

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a "Comedy" thread, this one would definitely be there.

Someone just send the kid a CADPAT slip-on....

Infanteer said:
If there was a "Comedy" thread, this one would definitely be there.

Someone just send the kid a CADPAT slip-on....

I would but the ones around here are all blue !!!  :-X

Just to stir this little pot; by definition, it shouldn't be called an epaulette when worn on the chest as for the CADPAT and IEC. By definition, an epaulette is "an ornamental shoulder-piece of uniform or coat" (Concise Oxford). But I've got no suggestion for what the piece on the shirt/jacket should be called now, the rank and unit tab are embroidered on or sewn to the "slip-on."

aesop081 said:
I would but the ones around here are all blue !!!   :-X

I just got my name tags today, WTF were they thinking? You can't even read my name any farther than arm's length.

Michael OLeary said:
Just to stir this little pot; by definition, it shouldn't be called an epaulette when worn on the chest as for the CADPAT and IEC. By definition, an epaulette is "an ornamental shoulder-piece of uniform or coat" (Concise Oxford). But I've got no suggestion for what the piece on the shirt/jacket should be called now, the rank and unit tab are embroidered on or sewn to the "slip-on."

It's already been suggested, how about a slip on holder?  ;D

Michael OLeary said:
But I've got no suggestion for what the piece on the shirt/jacket should be called now, the rank and unit tab are embroidered on or sewn to the "slip-on."
Then it should be called a "slip-on holder"... or maybe a "slip-on rack" ??

There's a few girls I'd like to say this too: "here, put this on your rack" !!!  ;D

Pte. Gagnon said:
I call those epaulet holders....we all have our own ways of saying things....tomato...tomato

I call them chest-mounted shoulder straps.

Inch said:
I just got my name tags today, WTF were they thinking? You can't even read my name any farther than arm's length.

I got my name tags today too....get the CADPAT gortex on the 26th......wait ill you see the ranks !!

Michael OLeary said:

Well since épaule is French for shoulder, then would logic lead it to be called the poitrinette (poitrine = chest)?

There you go Private Gagnon, go ask your clothing stores for a poitrinette.

aesop081 said:
I got my name tags today too....get the CADPAT gortex on the 26th......wait ill you see the ranks !!

But the Air Force chose such a lovely shade of blue thread.

aesop081 said:

Are we still due for those great blue t-shirts too? That way the Army can laugh at as from even FARTHER away! "Yep he's Air Force alright, blue beret AND t-shirt! Let's get 'em boys!"

You guys don't know much about style do you? The ranks and names have to match our shirts, but it'd look tacky if they were the same colour as our hats.  ;D

I don't know Infanteer....someone may give him some poutin......lots of curds and gravy with those fries?

Right Sergeant Major.......march in the guilty bastard

GW

Infanteer said:
Well since épaule is French for shoulder, then would logic lead it to be called the poitrinette (poitrine = chest)?

Why do you guys insist on torturing me...i can't stop laughing !!!

Michael OLeary said:
But the Air Force chose such a lovely shade of blue thread.

You can't see the ranks from 4 inches away.....explain that to the last officer i didn't salute.......you can't read the names.......the blue t-shirts are just too much.......when am i ever gonna wear CADPAT anyways ?

Pencil Tech said:
Poor old Pte Gagnon - asked a simple question and created a monster.

And your point is ?

Infanteer said:

Then I wanna know what you call it when the Sailors sew a nametag to one of the back pockets on their pants... a "bummette" ??

Geez Jungle - en Francais

A derriette of course....

Jungle said:
Then I wanna know what you call it when the Sailors sew a nametag to one of the back pockets on their pants... a "bummette" ??

Is that not called courtesy ?  Ex-D ?

Inch said:
You guys don't know much about style do you? The ranks and names have to match our shirts, but it'd look tacky if they were the same colour as our hats.  ;D

Don't get mad at us, it's not our fault the Air Force can't accessorize.

Michael OLeary said:
Don't get mad at us, it's not our fault the Air Force can't accessorize.

WHAT! You guys get purses, I mean, murses? All we get are helmet bags that everybody uses for everything but helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back