• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for - CADPAT Private Epaulets

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pte. Gagnon

I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get cadpat private epaulets...

How about clothing stores? The best part.....you don't have to pay for them.

The Quarter Master, QM, Clothing Stores, whatever you want to call it. The place where you got the CADPATs that you require the CADPAT slip on for.

Well...I can't do that because I am an Army Cadet..and our QM doesn't supply those...

Then you shouldn't have CADPATs nor should you be wearing a CF CADPAT slip on. You should be wearing cadet slip ons.

I have CadetPats...and what do you mean by Slip ons?

Check with one of the reserve units around the area, if you have no luck, give me a shout, I'm sure i can come up with something. ;)

Slip on = Epaulette, depends on what "school" you come from. We call them Slip ons in the Air Force.

Pte. Gagnon said:
I have CadetPats...and what do you mean by Slip ons?

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, and as a Cadet, as Inch said, you should not be wearing a CADPAT uniform.

Epaulets come sewn on your uniform.  If not then you exchange the uniform shirt for one that does.  

"Slip ons" are those pieces of cloth that you will slip onto a epaulet that will have your Cadet Corps "Title" on.  You will be able to take these off when you wash your shirt.  

As for someone giving you CADPAT Slip Ons for another unit, you are not entitled to wear those either.

GW

Pte. Gagnon said:
What kind of store gives away free epaulets?

I understand why he would say something like that but i must admit its the funniest thing i have ever heard....ever !!

Give him a break everyone for god sakes. ::) . When i was in cadets everyone and there dog had CBT's (Old stile OD), I had CBT's.
Why? because either the cadets had fathers or mothers in the CF and they wore theirs or they went out and bought them themselves.
Its not a big deal....or should the question be "Whats the big deal here?"

aesop081 said:
I understand why he would say something like that but i must admit its the funniest thing i have ever heard....ever !!

It is amusing, but tell me I'm not the only one that calls it Clothing Stores.

Blakey, it's not that he has combats, it's that he has CADPATs and wants CADPAT slip on for them, something that is not to be done according their CATOs. Can someone post a reference for that? I know I've seen it on here before.

It's different for us Cadets, our QM has the following: Dress Uniform, Combats, Field Kit, Camp Equipment. They don't have CADPAT's in the QM. We had to order them through somewhere...and I have every right to wear them....they're fake anyways. And I'm not supposed  to wear the CADPAT Epaulet but they said I can in the field if I can find one myself.

I think the concern is more over someone wearing a uniform and rank that they are not entitled to. Wear the CADPAT, sure. But no rank until it's earned.

edit: (Ha, too slow, Inch beat me to it..)

Inch said:
It is amusing, but tell me I'm not the only one that calls it Clothing Stores.

Blakey, it's not that he has combats, it's that he has CADPATs and wants CADPAT slip on for them, something that is not to be done according their CATOs. Can someone post a reference for that? I know I've seen it on here before.

Nope...i grew up calling it clothing stores too.......so its at least the 2 of us Inch  :blotto:

I would then suggest that if Pte Gagnon has an address to order them, then that is the place that he should be looking.

GW

Pte. Gagnon said:
It's different for us Cadets, our QM has the following: Dress Uniform, Combats, Field Kit, Camp Equipment. They don't have CADPAT's in the QM. We had to order them through somewhere...and I have every right to wear them....they're fake anyways. And I'm not supposed   to wear the CADPAT Epaulet but they said I can in the field if I can find one myself.

I'm still stumped as to why you need a CADPAT slip on. If it's for cam and concealment then just take off the cadet slip ons, the epaulet is CADPAT anyway. Otherwise there's no real need for one, just perhaps the LCF of having it, in which case, earn it before you wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back