• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Languages you know

How many languages do you know (enough to carry on a conversation/understand a newspaper article)?

Votes: 27 31.0%

Votes: 35 40.2%

Votes: 19 21.8%

Votes: 3 3.4%

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I know french and English, I'm fully bilingual, we were raised in french up to a certain grade (i don't remember which) then my dad got posted and there were no french schools in the area so it was English after that, my parents speak french and we all speak it when we visit.

Jane

English, German, Dutch
(also can translate/read Ancient Egyptian a little, lol)

Mother tongue: English
Speaking french since I was 5. 100% fluent.
and Spanish

Does Newfeneez count?

English (mother tongue, father's too come to think of it 8))
French, (not fluent but functional)
German ( rusty but can follow a conversation TV program, movie, read an article etc)
Spanish (complete with wicked Cubano dialect and slang/swear words)
Learning (slowly) Tagalog and Visayan

That's what I get for spending most of my time/money ofr the past ten years travelling the world.

English and Baymen LMAO, which bay are you from, I'm from Conception Bay! Ok so if internet speak counts then I'm fluent in two, but I have taken, French, Russian, Spanish and German in University. I'm like freakin Pauly Shore in Son In Law "I majored in everything, including Karate"  8)

Just a Sig Op said:
English, and bayman.

I agree care to specify which Bay?

I used to be fluent in townie, southern shore, and jackey tar. Bit rusty now me son..

Rhyno, nice to see MUN still has a good language program, or did you pick all those up from foreign sailors in George St bars? ;D

Englush...well more or less.

Modern Standard Arabic - Can read and write a lot better than i can speak it, I still have a lot to learn on this one though.

cheers.

English - language of choice

French - used to be functional, but haven't used it in 10 years or so

Spanish - barely functional, but have learned quite a bit since I moved to Arizona

Alas Danjanou, unless those sailors looked like Anna K they're not for me. I did however throw lot's of em out of the bars on George. So you used to be fluent in JackyTar eh, youse must like she den'. And Souther Shore, jeez your either a hockey playing Sullivan or a nobody out that way, right on.  ;)

Mixed up accent from all over the island actually, but mostly Southern shore influences.

Only English, & quite fluent in the language of "cursing".

;D  :cdn:

English, French, Hungarian (Both parents are from there, grew up speaking it in the house) and a smattering of German

English: mother tongue
German: started studying it in high school, then lived in Germany, then continued studying it in university

I've also taken enough French and Latin to have a decent understanding of the grammar and basic vocabulary, but never had enough practice opportunities (for French anyways :p) to gain any decent level of proficiency.

English is my first language, learnt Polish from my parents, and I can hold a conversation in that language, as well as read. French, I can get by if I need to, and I can read if you give me time.

I picked out 2,
English and I'm pretty functional in Arabic nowdays though don't ask me to "say something cool in Arabic" and I'm working on my Arabic calligraphy art which is coming along quite nicely.

Now for languages that I can understand but can't speak.

Scouse, Cockney, Brummey....silly scouse pants. ;D

Back