• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT Languages

LcK_

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail with the instructions to book an appointment and pass the CFAT, and here is the thing.

FYI, i'm from France, i'm applying as a PR, in Montreal to join the reserve.

Obviously i want to pass my CFAT in French because this is my main language and do the test in English can make me do stupids mistakes.
I have 2 choices when i want to book the appointment, one for the french test, and an other for the "bilingual test". The thing is, there is no dates available for the french test, and i don't want to wait for ever, i'm so ready, i want to do it ASAP, does anyone get an experience with that and can tell me, if i choose the "bilingual test" i can have my test and my appointment in french ?

PS : I already e-mailed the recruitment center, and waiting their response.

Thank you guys.

Hi again, well, did my CFAT today, and if i can help anyone with this, yes, if you take a bilingual appointment, you can choose Franch or English.

CFAT was a succes for my trade (inf) so, can't wait for the next step.

Congrats how you studied for the courses what resourses did you use to pass your test thanks.

Hi again, well, did my CFAT today, and if i can help anyone with this, yes, if you take a bilingual appointment, you can choose Franch or English.

CFAT was a succes for my trade (inf) so, can't wait for the next step.
Hi LcK! Congrats!

I'm applying as a PR as well, I'm from Ukraine. I have booked CFAT on April 18. Do you you have any updates on your application?

Thanks guys.

@manuce nothing crazy, did some free test/training online and with the CFAT app (the app seems very cool when you pay btw), and re-learned how to do some basic calculations with a pen and a paper.

@ua_kozak The recruiting process for PR is absolutely crazy man, i don't know how they (the government/military) can be okay with that kind of timeframe.
Did my CFAT jan 25, the medical visit feb 12, the same day they told me i have to fill some documents about everything happened in my life the last 10 years, so they can investigate to verify i'm cool, and that process can take 2 years hahaha.

Since, no news about anything, nor medical results.

I mean, i'm ready to wait cuz i really want that, but in the same time i'm 31 and i don't want to start a military carrer at 35, after that it's a bit late to have opportunity with physical trades etc... So, it's very discouraging, and i'm sure many people quit the recuiting process when we told them they have to wait 2 years for one step.

Back