• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jessica Lynch

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
Hello All
This seems to be a very hot topic but I will brave the harsh comments to offer my two cents anyway...
...I think that anyone who has trained in desert conditions (Wainwright, 29 Palms ect) knows what sand will do to a weapon (or any other piece of kit).Soldiers who don‘t spend alot of time using personel weapons may not realize the impact that the sand can have until it‘s too late. Unti NCO‘s should correct this however when you‘re running around preparing for war stuff does get lost in the process( like don‘t glop up your personal weapon with oil or break free in the sand!).
Regarding the question of rape...I recall an incident where female Canadian medical staff operating in Africa were restricked to base as the locals would try to kidnap and sell them if they could...?! Doesn‘t seem so far fetched, does it...

Anyone catch that farce of a movie last night?

They actually had a scene with her field stripping and cleaning her M-16 in the back of a Humvee. She even uses a baby wipe.

Later during the ambush she‘s too busy clearing jammed wpns and handing out mags to 2 other guys (who of course are mowing down literal hordes of Iraqi troops) to use her own wpn.

I won‘t even get into the rest of this made for TV circle jerk, aside from the last scene. During her hometown victory parade shes in dress uniform with all her ribbons.

Now I‘m no expert on US decorations but there was a still photo shot on the TV guide so I could check them with a reference book. She‘s got the Purple Heart and ya she‘s entitled, POW medal, that too, plus what I presume are the campaign ones and those ones Yanks hand out for completing basic, tieing their boots, and finding the messhall 3 times out of 4. But she‘s wearing what looks like the ribbon for Bronze Star too. Oh come on, Sherwood you guys now handing them out with the MREs.

Caught a five minute clip of the aformentioned film on Faux News this morning. All I can say is that it was so jingoistic it would have made Rudyard Kipling ashamed.

Is it so hard to believe that a government who lies about a soldiers capture and the events surrounding it to boost public support for their war would send soldiers into a safe area with blanks to create even more properganda?

I want to say no way but it‘s kind of hard to ignore whats going on. I‘m not trying to harp on you at all. As the resident american punching bag (and i use that term in an honest respectable way) it‘s hard to hear us lipping off with out trying to defend something you likely hold very dear to you. You went through training with signs all over stating DUTY,. HONOR, SELF SACRIFICE etc.. I don‘t doubt you lack in any of those virtues but i think your bosses do. (And i‘ll be the first one to denounce canada‘s top leadership as well, for the most part)

I think staging a stupid rescue and making it slip out to the public (already happened) for properganda reasons isn‘t too far of a cry off from giving those soldiers blank ammo to jazz it up a little for the camera.

Bronze Stars have always been handed out liberally. When they were counting points towards discharge at the end of WW II, I believe that every member of the 101st Airborne got the Bronze Star, just so they would have 5 points more?

There is a difference between the Bronze Star, and the same medal with "V" for Valor(sic) device.

As for Lynch getting rich off this movie - the rights were bought from the Iraqi doctor, not Lynch.

The cover of the TV Guide here showed the actress - the beret she was wearing was comical. I doubt much the actress went through Dale Dye‘s boot camp, either(!)

The real Lynch was used from start to finish, and the allegations of rape are so disgustingly racist as to be beyond belief.

The title was lame too; seemed like a pathetic attempt to put the movie into the same category as a much more "important" film than this little movie of the week.

I guess I wasn‘t so far off when I predicted this movie would be called "Saving Private Ry..." I mean "Saving Private Lynch." :D

Here is a recent link in Jessica Lynch‘s account:

"Lynch: Military manipulated story"

http://www.msnbc.com/news/990040.asp?cp1=1

"why is it so hard to believe that a woman might be raped in a conflict"

In Private Lynches case i would say it‘s because she has continually stated she was not raped.

Just read Jessica Lynch excerpt & interview in the TIMES magazine, 17 Nov. It sounds like this unit was i"ll prepare for battle. By not being trained in the very basics. Poor map reading, doubleing back through A build-up area over the same route thats a (BIG NO-NO). Running out of gas? Poor COMMAND & CONTROL etc etc.

To Maj Baker Sir if you can get an after action reports that would be great This was a very costly operation that WE should all learn from.

Oddly enough the U.S. Army does that sort of training at 29 Palms ( even though it‘s a Marine training area...) Where they send a unit off into the desert with a specific timetable for resupply...If the unit doesn‘t make the schedule ten they go without. I may be incorrect but I believe that the training is so real that Men have died while doing it ( I don‘t know what the reason is, whether suppy issues or not.)
Perhaps Maj. Baker could speak on the subject... :soldier:

Iwork with a British Tommy. an when I show him the TIMES article,the first thing he said was that officer doesn;t know how to read a map.

The only thing I can say about Jessica Lynch is that I AM NOT RELATED TO HER! My last name being Lynch. ^_^ it was funny, because my PLF boyfriend called me Jessica once and I laughed my *** off at how dead he was lol

Maybe he called you jessica because his other girlfriends name was jessica? ;)

The real Lynch was used from start to finish, and the allegations of rape are so disgustingly racist as to be beyond belief.
How is it at all racist?

Back