• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jessica Lynch

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
M

MAJOR_Baker

Lynch reportedly raped by captors, Biography of POW says medical evidence confirms assault.....I wonder if that is in the made for TV movie?

Is this the same type of evidence that had her shooting iraq soldiers until she ran out of ammo?

Right on Major, give credit where its due

People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who actually do :)

Let me be the first one to say that I did not perform any of those medical tests so I have no idea.
It would really take a sick **** to molest a severely injured person period.
Allah would not be to pleased with that lad I‘m sure.
Would I put it past the authorities to create a demonizing portrait of her captors? Or even a special forces rescue video for the feel good audience at home? No. Oh, by the way, you were raped while you were unconcious. Nice,thanks for the news.
I wish her well on her recovery regardless of what happened to her. She may have been knocked unconcious right away but she was still ambushed and that would be a little unsettling for anyone in a maintenance company. Friends killed, serious injuries etc... I just wish the media would call it like it is sometimes and avoid the whole G.I Jane fights back to the near death!! Film at 11.

Ach this just turns my stomach.

The propaganda artists actually lack the decency so much so that they would resort to the tired "poor-little-white-girl-raped-by-big-dark-skinned-man" plot? And not only rape but they had to "sex it up" (pun intended) by pointing out it was "sodomized rape".

Now I will not claim to know the exact parties behind the fabrication of this disgusting part of the story, but they should be ashamed of themselves. Are there no lengths these people will go to, to try and make the Iraqis seem like evil savages?

And they have the perfect alibi that she "can‘t remember everything" and she "is in too much pain to talk about it".

This is truly a new low...disgusting...

Well from what snippets ive heard and read so far, now that she is out of the army there may be some changes to the story of what happened there to her, and during the rescue. Looks like she isnt too happy at being used as propagana by the Govt. Anyways it will all come out in the wash...

In her biography she admits that she did not shoot a single round because her weapon jammed...guess she didn‘t know how to handle a stoppage...instead she went to her knees and prayed. Also, she says that the US is taking advantage of her situation to gain public support for the war in Iraq and she thinks it is despicable. Some hero she turned out to be...the good thing is that she praises the lawyer who informed the US and the SEALS that saved her.

LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE!

for pete‘s sake... yes, she was a POW.. but you know what? who cares.. these are things that i don‘t want to know about what happened.. i know that attrocities happened.... it would have had much more of an affect if the biography, the movie, and all this hype was published years after.

I don‘t want to seem like a cold-hearted son of a b****. Actually, quite the opposite... I would like to see the media distance itself from something like this, until she has had the time to sort through her own thoughts, feeling, and cope with what happened with her..

She was a POW...like there hasn‘t been other POW‘s before.

Good point if she couldnt do a simple IA on a rifle she needed more work.

I‘ve seen quite a few soldiers freeze during something as simple as training. They screw up, get yelled at and completly lose their focus. I can only wonder how a trucker who if trained anything like our army is, fires their weapon (as a suport trade) once a year doing a pwt 1 or 2, would react having their convoy ambushed in an actual war.

After the comments Cheechue said was made by her, "she says that the US is taking advantage of her situation to gain public support for the war in Iraq and she thinks it is despicable" I gained a lot of respect for her. THAT my friends takes courage and balls to say. Especially being an american and especially considering her situation.
It seems to me anyways the american mentality is if your not with us, your against us. Heres a girl saying the government she got hurt fighting for is taking advantage of her and basically lying to it‘s people. Good for her.

S_Baker. If she couldn‘t even perform a simple stopage with her weapon would you consider it her fault completly OR do you think her leadership should shoulder some of the blame for sending an unprepared soldier to war?

Ghost,

It is indeed very brave of her to admit these things but it is definitely at the wrong time.

Ghost - I agree with you, and based on what was in the newspaper today, I think she has a lot of guts too. You‘re right on the money on all counts.

You have a pretty bland view of hero‘s in my opinion major :) The idea of guys sitting behind a desk typing away happy with their little world, sending email jokes all day asking for nothing isn‘t what i would call a hero. As a soldier i probably ask for a lot.(too much?) Public support and understanding, money so i can have better equipment to do my job. A government that doesn‘t spend billions of dollars on a bra while helicopters fall from the sky like rocks. Of course i‘m just trying to twist your words though.

The thought had not crossed my mind that she was writing the book for financial gain. Your right it could have been released via the press. Of course they would have likely found a way to twist it around. I find the press do not like to see themselves as anything short of crusaders of truth and knowledge.

Your assumption that she didn‘t clean her weapon could be an accurate one but it‘s quite the guess considering the myrimid (i use that word right?) of other factors that could have been involved. Weapons jam it‘s a fact of life but jamming before even shooting the first shot? That doesnt come from a dirty weapon that comes from not having a round in the chamber. Perhaps could the soldiers of this convoy not have had their weapons readied because they did not want to have an ND? BE the order from higher up a la 1983 beiruit (i think) or personal choice. Be it -40 below with my weapon frozen or covered in mud water and crap i‘ve never had my weapon fail to shoot the first round unless the magazine wasn‘t seeded propperly when i cocked it or i just didn‘t cock it.

In answer to your questions about the US rangers in ww2, if the footage was released to the public with fan fare "look at what we did!" i would say yes it‘s properganda. While it could be wrong i‘ve heard in the jessica Lynch rescue the teams going in waited for the camera crew to show up before going in. If thats true then i think someone has their priorities screwed up.

It‘s hard not to be an arm chair general when they have games like Command and Conquer, GENERALS. Do you think it‘s a coinsidence that most SFOR bases look like a base from command and conquer? With little seacontainers popping up all over the place. Troops running out of them Vehicles parked inside bigger garages. Razor wire and sand bags surrounding your little base. Little observation towers at the corners, a bunch of troops standing around smoking and joking. I think not!

I agree somewhat that Lynch was financially motivated to write a book. A press release *may* have been sufficient to set the record straight, but I believe that publishing a book has a more indelible effect on our perception of one side of the story - be it true or not.

Think of how obscure a press release can become in light of the constantly evolving War on Terrorism. Should the media not resurrect a press release every so often by weaving it into emerging events to lend it relevance, the information degrades.

If I were to want known my side of the story, I‘d write a book that could be purchased in book stores worldwide; borrowed from a library or a friend; or available online, etc.

That said, I imagine Lynch‘s attorney(s) saying, "Think of the money you (read *we*) will rake in."

Just my speculative 2 cents.

I believe she was prepared, IMHO the problem was that instead of cleaning her weapon (enforced by an NCO and checked by an officer)
I dont think it has to be enforced by anyone. A simple feild strip takes no time and any soilder on the ball knows to do this. But this is my opinion and maybe i‘m just an *******. haha...

The propaganda artists actually lack the decency so much so that they would resort to the tired "poor-little-white-girl-raped-by-big-dark-skinned-man" plot? And not only rape but they had to "sex it up" (pun intended) by pointing out it was "sodomized rape".
nbk, do you really think that Saddam‘s toadies (the guys who fed people into industrial shredders and had dogs attack and rip aparts "dissenters") would be incapable of raping and/or sodamizing an American female, particulary a Soldier? I realize you‘re one of the board‘s token commies who excuse eveything the people we should be killing do as "an exprssion of root causes" or some other psychobabble hore****, but really now. I‘m sure you, in your heart of hearts, belive that there are Americans over there taking the virtue of the poor and oppressed Iraqi women, but you deem it outside the realm of possibility that the same people who kept Saddam in power would resort to something like this? Give your head a shake.

As for all these whisperings that the whole raid was staged and that it was in someway faked or breezed though... well, belive what you will, but I have a good friend who was in 3rd BN, 75th Ranger Regiment who is in regular contact with a current 3rd Batt Ranger who is in the sniper section, who was one of the raiders. I know there are those of you who would question these men‘s accounts, but I for one will take the word of someone who was there firing shots in anger over the usual conspiracy lunatics.

Lastly, unless this book Spc. Lynch is promoting has the lion‘s share of the profits going to support the families of those other Soldiers who died from her unit, then I say she is an attention whore getting over with the help and backing of a clueless and manipulative media driven by a profit agenda.

Either she was a bad soldier, or improperly trained - she would know how to clear a stoppage. In all the workup training before GOING TO WAR, you think they would sort out problems like that.

I just read that at the sceen of the "heroic rescue" they found blank ammunition casings. The special forces guys going in, guns blazing, were using blanks. Thats hillarious. Maybe it took 2 days for the rescue to go down because they needed to ship over some BFA‘s?

"When the details about this staged rescue were made public, the Pentagon only backtracked slightly. Apparently when Brooks had claimed that the rescue team went in "under fire", he had really meant to say that the soldiers had witnessed distant tracer fire as they were flying north into Al-Nasiriya, and not at the hospital itself."

When the lynch family denied she was raped over and over, the goverment put a gag order on them. They keep insisting she suffered from amnesia though the family, AND jessica, say there was no memory loss at all.

I‘m really starting to think twice about my stance on how if the americans do something good for the wrong reasons it‘s acceptable because their doing good in the end. It‘s getting rather difficult to believe anything they say which is frightning considering they are a mega power.

And next month, tune in on our feature presentation,
Titanic; A brush with death. How a luxury liner was "almost" sunk by german ice burgs.

There were a lot of folks surprised that their weapons didn‘t work in the sand. Most lubricants will attract, and hold, contaminents- especially the very fine sand that seems to get everywhere. Anyone know if the troops were issued a teflon type lubricant, or were they dutifully slathering Break free over everything?

While it‘s not discussed a lot, very few members of a front line section in contact actually fire aimed shots. Many will spray and pray, and even more will hunker down and hope.

The trg that our suport folk get is prety poor. Very few of them consider themselves soldiers: they‘re weapons techs, vehicle techs, etc. Bet that the bigger the army gets, the narrowere the scope of trg becomes.

I wasn‘t there. Glad she made it out ok, wish all those kids did.

Cheers-Garry

"The trg that our suport folk get is prety poor. Very few of them consider themselves soldiers"

That‘s quite the statement.

Back