• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Int Op and Comm Research?

amyliak said:
Hi Boubou, How long did you wait for your clearance to come through? Do you know how often they are running 291 QL3's? Just received my offer through a Component Transfer from the reserves. My Level 3 was submitted approx. 9 months ago and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

If you look up clearances, you will find there are average wait times. And if you did one that goes straight to Lvl 3, which is the habit at your particular unit, that takes even longer. Standard wait time is Apx 3 years.

However, the best way to find out is to contact your Unit Security Clerk, or supervisor. And I'm willing to bet it's still your unit's recruiter.

BARGE

Not intending to throw anyone off..(MOC 215)
I RX my lvl 3 in 1.5 years. It started in Basic and I got it after my 3's.

OUT

i've been waiting for my clearance for close to 8months now to finish the 291 course but no big deal it will happen when it happens. still looking for that joyride in a sub again will bring back some memories

While i am not a comm research op, i can honestly say that it is a very good trade to get into, and has many technical applications should you wish to discharge years from now. Int is very stressed, alot of operators are deployed overseas or being prepped to go overseas... It is always a good day when Int receives a new recruit, but at this stage in the game it is always good to have one more member to the CF team no matter what the trade. Make your decisions based on what you see as opportunity and not what will get you into the thick of things the quickest, one slow step at a time, these are thinking trades (not to discredit anyone elses trade) not reflex trades.

Good Luck

INT is now classified as Direct Entry and no longer restricted to CT's or MOC related conditions.  There are only a few spots left.  This is Reg Forces NCM info - not that much diff with Officer streams.

twistedcables said:
INT is now classified as Direct Entry and no longer restricted to CT's or MOC related conditions.  There are only a few spots left.  This is Reg Forces NCM info - not that much diff with Officer streams.

WHAT? are you serious...

Whatever.  Both Trades have high failure rates, so it really will be a moot point.  Look at the calibre of Recruits and how they will perform down the road and perhaps all will return to where things were before.  The "experiment" may fail.

Unless some hands get in and 'help' people to pass when they shouldnt...

Back