• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I can't find anyone that will fill in my paper from the medical.

shadesofgreen

Inactive
Reaction score
Back in January I had my medial exam and they gave me three papers to get filled in by a doctor. I got the one about my vision filled up by my optometrist. I got the one about my antibiotic I take for acne filled in by my dermatologist.

The last one is about an ADHD diagnostic I got 2 years ago. I took meds for it for just about two months and that was over a year ago. I have not had any follow-up with anybody concerning the ADHD so it is very hard to find someone that will fill in the paper. I have no family doctor so I went to see my old pediatrician (the one who had prescribed me the meds) and he could not fill it up because he had not had a follow-up with me for about 2 years about the condition. He had me go see my old psychologist to get her report about my ADHD. I finally managed to get the report and had to pay about 400$ for it and I brought it to the pediatrician. He says that the report was old and it would't help him fill in the paper about the present time (???).

I went to a couple CLSCs (the lady at the medical said I could go there If I didn't have a family doctor), they all said they couldn't fill it up. I also went to another clinic and they also couldn't do it.

I'm trying not to turn this into a rent  but honestly I've had quite a few misadventures trying to get that paper filled in and I'm getting a little frustrated.
I just don't know what to do anymore. What happens if I can't get anyone to fill in the paper?

Are you able to get a new family doctor? or even see your old psych. for a follow up?
or would you have to pay out of pocket if not under some type of benefit plan?

Mac Isaac said:
Are you able to get a new family doctor? or even see your old psych. for a follow up?
or would you have to pay out of pocket if not under some type of benefit plan?

My old psych. was 90$/hour and she always makes things longer then they have to be (to get paid more possibly...) I just can't afford that right now.
As for a family doctor, I'm already on the waiting list to get a family doctor at the CLSC here but I have been on it for a while and I doubt I will even get one this year. It takes a very long time apparently.

I would keep trying other places in your city or surrounding areas. I didn't have a family doctor for the last 5 years until feb of this year. Was able to find a walk in clinic that had a doctor accepting new patients as their family doctor. Waiting lists are never a guarantee, but at least if you keep looking in other areas you might get lucky to help speed your process along. If you live in a rural area, it may be a bit harder because you may have to travel to another city but I'm sure its worth it in the end.

I have tried a few other clinics and still, no one would fill the paper. I called the lady from the medical to tell her about my issues and she said to either keep trying with the clinics or just send the report from my psychologist (the one that diagnosed me) instead of the paper. I tried another clinic and it didn't work out so I ended up sending the report.
Basically I'm failing the medical :/
The report was made 2 years ago and I do not think its a good reflexion of who I am now. It basically says I fonction very poorly and stuff...but I'm now in college (cegep) having good grades, living on my own and generally doing great. In fact I have had 2 job at which I did just fine (in summer camps) . All of it without meds. Oh well...

So follow-up question: How long does it take to get the news about failing the medical? Do they call you or send a letter?

You have kind of sent yourself in a panic for nothing in my opinion:

You told us that your pediatrician couldn't fill out the paperwork because there was no follow up. I would assume there was no follow up because there was no reason for a follow up (i.e. everything is okay).

If your doc can't use 2 year old paperwork to diagnose you, then why would the MFRC? If the MFRC thinks it's a big enough issue they may send you for a re-evaluation though I am not current on any recruiting processes.  I am trying to use some common sense.

Relax.

shadesofgreen said:
I have tried a few other clinics and still, no one would fill the paper. I called the lady from the medical to tell her about my issues and she said to either keep trying with the clinics or just send the report from my psychologist (the one that diagnosed me) instead of the paper. I tried another clinic and it didn't work out so I ended up sending the report.
Basically I'm failing the medical :/
The report was made 2 years ago and I do not think its a good reflexion of who I am now. It basically says I fonction very poorly and stuff...but I'm now in college (cegep) having good grades, living on my own and generally doing great. In fact I have had 2 job at which I did just fine (in summer camps) . All of it without meds. Oh well...

So follow-up question: How long does it take to get the news about failing the medical? Do they call you or send a letter?

I ws going to suggest.. if you can't get documentation about it just have the doctor write you a quick letter saying there's nothing of interest

Treemoss said:
I ws going to suggest.. if you can't get documentation about it just have the doctor write you a quick letter saying there's nothing of interest
This is poor advice. A physician is unlikely to write you a letter the first time you meet him/her attesting to your long term stability.  Best bet would be to get a referral back for to the psychologist that originally assessed you 2 years ago - this would allow accurate reassessment. I realize the cost may be the prohibitive factor, but reassessment could make the difference between joining the CAF or not.

ArmyDoc said:
This is poor advice. A physician is unlikely to write you a letter the first time you meet him/her attesting to your long term stability.  Best bet would be to get a referral back for to the psychologist that originally assessed you 2 years ago - this would allow accurate reassessment. I realize the cost may be the prohibitive factor, but reassessment could make the difference between joining the CAF or not.

That's definetely not what I meant, I think you may have misread or lost context.

What I meant was instead of having to send reports to the military and do all this dancing around, have one of the doctors (the psychologist or pediatrician in this case) write a letter stating he is fit. In his case he'd need a quick reassessment because there was no follow up. In no way did I say go to a random physician for a letter.

Back