• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How would the recruiters respond if i did decided to put file on hold....

S

Scottyg

(Main question in bold)
I am in a dilemma right now an have a question.

I am currently almost done the application process, all i have left is my fitness test next Thursday, Ive done the whole thing so far in about 2 weeks lol.   Anyway, i started signing up for the army because well i really want to do it, its been a dream of mine to do someday for my whole life (reserves)    I am however waiting to hear about a very important job offer with a police force for the summer (i want to be a cop someday too) and i have just been offered a job as a security guard.

For a while i wanted to try being a security guard, i am not so sure now, but thats anoother story.

What my question is:

How would the recruiters respond if i did get that other job and decided to put my file on hold, even if i had been accepted for summer BMQ.

I would still join up and do BMQ over the winter, but i wouwouldn'tis summer. Would they really frown upon that decision, or would they be ok with it , and let me wait, and take the other job? because im I'mally torn between the 3 opportunities, they both have ups and down (security guard being mostly i get to stay near my girl friend, army... obvious reasons... and police job, for career advancement.)

Anyway, thanks for the help,

Scottyg said:
(Main question in bold)
I am in a dilemma right now an have a question.

I am currently almost done the application process, all i have left is my fitness test next Thursday, Ive done the whole thing so far in about 2 weeks lol.   Anyway, i started signing up for the army because well i really want to do it, its been a dream of mine to do someday for my whole life (reserves)    I am however waiting to hear about a very important job offer with a police force for the summer (i want to be a cop someday too) and i have just been offered a job as a security guard.

For a while i wanted to try being a security guard, i am not so sure now, but thats anoother story.

What my question is:

How would the recruiters respond if i did get that other job and decided to put my file on hold, even if i had been accepted for summer BMQ.

I would still join up and do BMQ over the winter, but i wouwouldn'tis summer. Would they really frown upon that decision, or would they be ok with it , and let me wait, and take the other job? because im I'mally torn between the 3 opportunities, they both have ups and down (security guard being mostly i get to stay near my girl friend, army... obvious reasons... and police job, for career advancement.)

Anyway, thanks for the help,

Tell them you are not available for training until the fall so they can fill your spot with someone else. Simple and move on.

Back