• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey look, another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SupersonicMax said:
CSNI you mean? ;)

Not all the Wings are migrated yet, although I'm pretty sure CDN Aviator's is completed.  We can only break things so quickly.  >:D

Gathered the information and dropped at medical a hour ago. I may get a call from them tomorrow, or me call to confirm, and then ship it off to Ottawa. Another 5+ weeks begins...

Thank you! I really hope they accept the information. As I told the recruiter whom I filed my application originally with, I do not want to cause any trouble, just to be considered fairly.

Wow, I got an email from Chief Military Personnel in response to an inquiry I made several months ago. It provided clarification on the CEMS and how it is applicable to my circumstances. Still case by case, but way more confident that I will make the CEMS...which I am like 2 weeks ongoing since submitting latest info. They also confirmed that a general standard policy is in the works.

I went to the CFRC last week to update my address as I moved for the fourth time in two years, and also got an update. Ottawa received the latest info I sent, and now I am waiting for their response. By that point, it will be April or later.

A long with moving, got selected into my league's A travel team and played my three first official bouts this past weekend, helping win against Connecticut, DC, and Suburbia (somewhere new york).  The DC game was at a National Guard armory which was huge, even bigger than the hangar the air cadets was in when I was in it. It is awesome some derby leagues in the states I have arrangements to use military space. It was also the first derby game I played in that required metal detectors, lol. So yes, Montreal is leading the way for roller derby in Canada showing now only can we win the after party dance offs, but win bouts as well. :)

Only mention of roller derby with the CF is the Winnipeg league using some pace at a base there, and my posts on milnet. :p

The waiting continues...

Two CF-18s doing low flybys above downtown Montreal due the St-Patrick parade = tres awesome. Just saying.

I got a response from the RMO in Ottawa. In summary, we ignore everything you provided, including letters from Doctors more qualified than us on the issue and your legal status, and not approving until our archaic requirement, that is not stated in the medical standard or in any policy, is fulfilled. This is the same Major MD that responded last time. On top of that, he still does not explain why or how it is a medical limitation without fulfilling the requirement which as no effect on my performance apart from risking it in attempt to fulfill that requirement...and possibly of old age. They say I pass everything else medical wise, so how is this an issue?

Since this particular individual Major MD (as I am not blaming the CF for this) will not budge and there is no way presently to directly get in contact with them (apart from 5+ weeks turnaround), I will appeal and get someone else(s) to review as this not just medical concern. 

Present plan is to go to CFRC today, possibly talk with Medical and whoever about the next steps. Also will contact the CF ombudsman.

I hate this.

mellian said:
I got a response from the RMO in Ottawa. In summary, we ignore everything you provided, including letters from Doctors more qualified than us on the issue and your legal status, and not approving until our archaic requirement, that is not stated in the medical standard or in any policy, is fulfilled. This is the same Major MD that responded last time. On top of that, he still does not explain why or how it is a medical limitation without fulfilling the requirement which as no effect on my performance apart from risking it in attempt to fulfill that requirement...and possibly of old age. They say I pass everything else medical wise, so how is this an issue?

Since this particular individual Major MD (as I am not blaming the CF for this) will not budge and there is no way presently to directly get in contact with them (apart from 5+ weeks turnaround), I will appeal and get someone else(s) to review as this not just medical concern. 

Present plan is to go to CFRC today, possibly talk with Medical and whoever about the next steps. Also will contact the CF ombudsman.

I hate this.
No offense, but what did you expect?  Just because it's not specifically stated in the standards or policy, doesn't mean it's not an issue.  Just one they never thought of when the standard/policy was written.  As I said before, if you're physically one gender, how can you legally be another?

Is that what this is about?  A chick wanting to be a dude, or vice versa?  ::)
(My dogs makes purring sounds at times and is smaller than my cat.  Does this mean I have two cats?)

I thought maybe this had something to do with a medical condition that had passed, but the system was slow in recognising that fact...

PMedMoe said:
No offense, but what did you expect?  Just because it's not specifically stated in the standards or policy, doesn't mean it's not an issue.  Just one they never thought of when the standard/policy was written.  As I said before, if you're physically one gender, how can you legally be another?

If one is physically both, how can one legally be both? Bureaucratic solution: assign one until they prove otherwise.

I proved otherwise, my birth province granted the legal change, and now that legal change permeates everything that is legal, and thus far never been an issue. This covers any "human resource and logistics management for military training, operations and workplace personnel issues", including the fact I act, walk, talk, and live as such since I was a teenager to the point that if I did not reveal my entire medical history as required I could quite possibly be set for BMQ by now (yet probably get in trouble later at a more in-depth medical check up).

Beyond that, just the fact CF allow women to apply for all positions in the CF proves what one has between the legs is a non-issue. So if I am legally female, then how is that any different?

mellian said:
If one is physically both, how can one legally be both? Bureaucratic solution: assign one until they prove otherwise.

I proved otherwise, my birth province granted the legal change, and now that legal change permeates everything that is legal, and thus far never been an issue. This covers any "human resource and logistics management for military training, operations and workplace personnel issues", including the fact I act, walk, talk, and live as such since I was a teenager to the point that if I did not reveal my entire medical history as required I could quite possibly be set for BMQ by now (yet probably get in trouble later at a more in-depth medical check up).

Beyond that, just the fact CF allow women to apply for all positions in the CF proves what one has between the legs is a non-issue. So if I am legally female, then how is that any different?
Being born both genders is one thing, being in the midst of changing is quite another.

IMHO, the legal part is not the issue. I suspect they're more concerned about the psychological issues, both for you and other recruits.  If they enrolled you as female, yet you have male physical "traits", where will you shower, use the bathroom, etc??  Unfortunately, as far as the CF goes, there are only two genders.  No in betweens.

mellian said:
If one is physically both, how can one legally be both?
I know this is going to get me banned, but....

XX and XY chromosomes?

mellian said:
Beyond that, just the fact CF allow women to apply for all positions in the CF proves what one has between the legs is a non-issue.
Oh, but it is.  There are varying physical fitness standards, with age and gender being variables for what standard you need to achieve.  And there are "male" accomodations and "female" accomodations.  And different dress standards.  The list goes on.

PMedMoe said:
Being born both genders is one thing, being in the midst of changing is quite another.

IMHO, the legal part is not the issue. I suspect they're more concerned about the psychological issues, both for you and other recruits.  If they enrolled you as female, yet you have male physical "traits", where will you shower, use the bathroom, etc??  Unfortunately, as far as the CF goes, there are only two genders.  No in betweens.

At present, I no different from an intersex, as "I am not in the midst of changing gender" as I already have many years ago. As I mentioned, I provided letters from doctors as requested stating it is not a mental limitation, and that has been ignored despite Medical requesting them. I am part of a roller derby league and teams full of women whom I share change rooms, bathrooms. and showers with, it has never been an issue. Legal sex states which I use. I am female, legally and living, one gender. There is no in betweens.

Technoviking said:
I know this is going to get me banned, but....

XX and XY chromosomes?

I don't know, as I never been tested. Keep in mind that there is a lot of women and men with varying sexual chromosomes like XXY, XXX, XYY, etc including women with XY and men XX from birth. Olympics learn this lesson years ago hence why they dropped the genetic chromosome testing. It is not as clear cut as you think, and if the CF did genetic chromosome testing of every single serving member, they will see that.

Oh, but it is.  There are varying physical fitness standards, with age and gender being variables for what standard you need to achieve.  And there are "male" accomodations and "female" accomodations.  And different dress standards.  The list goes on.

Since I am legally female and live as female, I use female accomodations, dress standards, and fitness standards. Again, non-issue.

If we ignore the legal aspect, I would still do female fitness standards as I do not produce enough testosterone and I have no for almost a decade to have any male physical advantage.

OK, so as I understand it, you have, or had, a 1 in a million freakish condition/state of existence, and now you want the Big Green Machine to bend to your every whim?

Honestly, get a life...

(Hello warning system, here I come!)

(Edit to add: I just went to the admin forum, trying to give myself C and P for this; however, apparently only mods can do that?)

mellian said:
Legal sex states which I use. I am female, legally and living, one gender. There is no in betweens.
As I said, I don't think the legal part is the issue with the CF.  If you have male "traits" but live as a female, to the CF, you are in between.

But, I'm not a lawyer, or a doctor (whether you deem them "qualified" or not), or deciding on your enrollment medical.  As someone here once said; the CF doesn't choose you, you choose the CF.

Why do I think the medical enrollment standards are going to be rewritten (soon) to be very specific?

mellian said:
I don't know, as I never been tested. Keep in mind that there is a lot of women and men with varying sexual chromosomes like XXY, XXX, XYY, etc including women with XY and men XX from birth. Olympics learn this lesson years ago hence why they dropped the genetic chromosome testing. It is not as clear cut as you think, and if the CF did genetic chromosome testing of every single serving member, they will see that.

Since I am legally female and live as female, I use female accomodations, dress standards, and fitness standards. Again, non-issue.

If we ignore the legal aspect, I would still do female fitness standards as I do not produce enough testosterone and I have no for almost a decade to have any male physical advantage.

Assuming the rule is firm along the lines of the glasses issue for near-sighted schmucks like me wanting to be a fighter pilot back in the day, what do you want to do?

I can imagine possible defences of the policy, though I'm not a defender of it.

Would you rather invest your resources into fighting the policy, which may very well take an extended period of time and be fruitless; conform yourself to the policy, taking some personal investment and perhaps risk; or just leave it be and pursue another career choice?

Just in case I haven't said it enough times;  The CF does not owe you a job.  You must conform to their requirements, not the other way around.

Edited in order to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

The CF does not owe anybody a job, but one has the right to fair treatment.

Fair treatment has frequently been re-defined by the federal government, generally in response to court challenges.

Methods of discrimination have been struck down before, and the only allowable reasons for limiting enrollment are those that can be proven to have valid operational reasons.

Women can now fill combat roles - for many here that has "always" been the case.

Homosexuals are no longer released as sexual deviants - for many here that has "always" been the case.

This is likely to end up no differently.

Aside from that, this is a controversial subject. Keep the posting clean, non-confrontational, and free of insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back