• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HELP! Confused about my application

• Thread starter CrimsonTwilight
  • Start date
C

CrimsonTwilight

Hey hows it goin everyone.  I'm applying for the reserves, 4RCR and hopefully starting my training this summer.  I have finished the whole application process except for the security clearence.  They sent (whatever they send away) about 3 weeks ago, and it was only supposed to take a week.  I have called at the end of each week and they keep saying one more week, one more week. :'(  I am assured by one recruiting officer that I'll make it for the summer, another says it'll be cutting it close and someone else tells me it'll be a miracle to make the cut-off date.  While someone else tells me there is no cut-off date.  I'm very confused right now and was wondering if anyone can clear up the last bit of the application process for me, and give me a realistic estimate of my chances of getting in for the summer BMQ/SQ because I'm getting a dozen different answers, and really, REALLY want to make it for this summer training.  :warstory:

:cdn:

::EDIT::  I'm not sure if I was very clear with this post
1) Is there a cut-off date?
2) Anyone knowledgeable enough about the recruiting process to tell me if I will make it?
3) Should I not waste bandwidth and just sit it out nervously?

the security clearence

It is called the Ehanced Reliability Check (ERC) and it is not a freaking security clearance.  All ERCs were delayed because of a change over to a different company to conduct credit checks.  ERCs that were submitted on 16-20 May are just starting to come in now as an example of the slow down.

Ok, thanks kinkanucks

Mental note *ERC* --> everyone at the recruiting center called it security clearance, *shrugs*.

Hey CrimsonTwilight, I'm in the same boat.  I've applied for 4RCR as well.  i finished the whole process Friday, May 13th (bad luck maybe?).  I'm waiting for my call, and I hope the recruiting centre spent their 2 days closed (June 2-3) getting our apps through!  I called the recruiting centre a little while ago, and they said they were getting all the apps to the units in the first part of June (which is weird since i was done before the mid-point of May).  I was told by Capt W (don't like giving out names on the internet w/o permission) that I have a 100% chance of getting in.  I'm a little worried, since the unit has already started pre-basic training (3 weekends) last weekend (May28-29), and you have to have that completed before you can go to Basic, so I hear from my buddy who's in and doing his pre-basic with 4RCR. I'm going to call the RC and the unit monday, and see what the possibilities of me getting sworn in this Thursday, and I suggest you do the same.
Keep me posted, and I'll do the same
:salute:

Hey McFarlane, I just called the RC and they said that my ERC has come back and they are sending it to 4RCR sometime this week with the rest of the applications (I guess yours is in there as well).  They said after that, the unit should call within a few days to a week to get sworn in.  He also said that the pre-basic training courses start every weekend so there will be one to go to sometime before the summer.  I guess I'll see you there soon.

im applying 1rcr and II'm in the middle of getting my E.R.C. done, only thing I'm worried about is my stupid rogers account was sent to cbcl credit beaurue and  i told the RC, he said work out payments with them and then will move on. my question is this though... will it even show up on the E.R.C??? its only like 250 bucks and plus the cert beaurue hasn't called in months  :-\ is the E.R.C credit check a full detailed credit report?? or just to see if you owe thousands to other organizations???

ah crap i ask alot of dumb questions eh aha

im applying 1rcr and II'm in the middle of getting my E.R.C. done, only thing I'm worried about is my stupid rogers account was sent to cbcl credit beaurue and  i told the RC, he said work out payments with them and then will move on. my question is this though... will it even show up on the E.R.C??? its only like 250 bucks and plus the cert beaurue hasn't called in months  is the E.R.C credit check a full detailed credit report?? or just to see if you owe thousands to other organizations??? 

Might be wise to pull your credit report. Go to the Equifax websiite, and get an online credit report, or mail in for your credit report (free through mail). If you have a credit complaint, get it settled and have the receipt and documentation showing you cleared it up. If you do have one, it will stop your application until you settle the problem, or have a good explanation as to why you will not pay the amount.  You might want to consider doing this now because if there is a complaint you will have to go through this later.

BTW, just because someone files a complaint against you, does not mean you HAVE to pay the money. If you have a good reason not to pay for it, i.e. you received poor service, damaged goods etc. and you have the documentation to demonstrate that,  then file a counter-complaint on your credit file.  If you are in this position, PM me as I have done this before.

Hey McFarlane, you get the call yet?  I'm still waiting on it.

Back