• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Full time basic for Reservist?

Jebus

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to go to Regular force's Basic as a reservist? I just finished my medical, interview, aptitude. All thats left is the PT. I wanted to join as regular but its full so decided to join as reservist. This is what I want to do, to be full time in the military. I have no job so If they let me, I would have no problems in going, just wondering if its possible. Thanks in adv.

I'm joining infantry by the way.

No reservists cannot do full time BMQ in St. Jean. You can either do it part time on weekends or depending on where you live you might be able to do it over the summer (4 weeks) If you want to work full time, join the reg force.  It would be faster to wait to join the reg force than to do a CT to the reg force from the reserves.

Thanks, I guess I will just stay in reserves, my plan is to volounteer overseas, so I can work full time.

Jebus said:
Thanks, I guess I will just stay in reserves, my plan is to volounteer overseas, so I can work full time.

Not always that easy to get overseas tours, I would develop a backup plan, just in case.

dangerboy said:
Not always that easy to get overseas tours, I would develop a backup plan, just in case.

Ain't that the truth.... if you're not in a Brigade I'm finding it more difficult to get a tour in the RegF than as a reservist!

Jebus said:
I was wondering if it is possible to go to Regular force's Basic as a reservist? I just finished my medical, interview, aptitude. All thats left is the PT. I wanted to join as regular but its full so decided to join as reservist. This is what I want to do, to be full time in the military. I have no job so If they let me, I would have no problems in going, just wondering if its possible. Thanks in adv.

I'm joining infantry by the way.

Members of the Naval Reserve do the full BMQ course; members or the Army Reserve usually (or perhaps it's always) do a shorter course in their local area.

I guess I will apply for Reg force too, If I get a call in say, April, would I have to go through basic again if I finished it? Hypothetically speaking.

I just finished my testing except my physical test, how long do you think until I'm sworn in?

If I'm in regular force I don't care If I'm sent over seas or not, since I will be full time regardless.

Also
Members of the Naval Reserve do the full BMQ course; members or the Army Reserve usually (or perhaps it's always) do a shorter course in their local area.

Why is that? Is Basic not the same for everyone, why shouldn't it matter who I do it with?

Back