• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Forcing me to swtich from Navy Int op to army int op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From here.

Basic Qualification
Successful applicants will be sent to the Canadian Forces School of Military Intelligence (CFSMI), located at Canadian Forces Base Kingston, to attend QL5A core phase of training.  In consultation with CFSMI and the Intelligence Branch, INT OPs will determine during this phase what environmental sub-occupation best meets the needs of the Intelligence Branch and their own. After completing the core phase and cross-environmental training, INT OPs will be trained according to their assigned environment.

I don't see how CFRG could pump out an offer promising an environmental sub-occupation prior to the member even arriving in CFSMI.  If they did include it on the OP's offer, they messed up IAW with this says.  However, he/she has it on paper (assuming the info they are providing is correct and true) for navy DEU and sub-occupation.  IMO, the msg normally would say "DEU - Navy, to be finalized during MOC training and subject to reassignment" or something like that.

Knowing of the screw-up between CFRG and CFSCE with my own CT, it wouldn't phase me at all to believe CFRG jumped the gun and what the OP states he/she has in in their CT offer is factual.  It would also likely be on the CT 'contract' (whatever that was that was signed on the day of CT) the same as mine was, which included my DEU, MOC, and even my position number at my first posting.  

That document is signed by the member and a witness, who has to be a Commissioned Officer in the CF, and should reside on the mb'rs Pers File. 

ltmaverick25 said:
 What I mean by this is that we are recruiting members who are increasingly more educated, dynamic and intelligent then ever before which I think is great.  

Thats what i keep being told. Thats what i keep hearing. However, i have yet to actualy see it.

The recruiting forum on this site is proof enough that the "more educated, dynamic and intelligent" argument is a nice demographic theory rather than reality.

CDN Aviator said:
Thats what i keep being told. Thats what i keep hearing. However, i have yet to actualy see it.

The recruiting forum on this site is proof enough that the "more educated, dynamic and intelligent" argument is a nice demographic theory rather than reality.

I think you are being a bit too cynical with your post here.  We both know that the vast majority of guys posting there are not in the CF nor will they ever be.  Lots of posers on the internet.  As for the others, there are alot of very young inexperienced people posting.  Geez if I were 17 again I would probably sound like a complete idiot too.  But alas I cant speak for the entire CF of course, but based on the 4 years I spent in the Intelligence world I still argue that my above point holds true in that branch.  There are of course some notable exceptions but the vast majority of them seemed pretty solid to me when I was in Kingston teaching, and im pretty anal about that sort of thing.

And I think that just about wraps it up.  Lots of pages posted, lots of back and forth, now spiralling.

The original poster has had plenty of air time on his beef and others got to post their views.

Unless there is something spectacularly logical, engaging or valuable to add, this one is locked.

The Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back