• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DMED/POL

Thirstyson

Inactive
Reaction score
I've just completed a year of having a temporary medical category and now my file's been fired off today to DMED/POL to evaluate my bum ankle. Looks like I'll be receiving a permanent medical category. Anyone have any clue how long this process takes?

As I'm early in my training (I got injured on BOTP) this will likely result in a medical release, even though the categorization I'm getting is acceptable for my trade (Sig O). Such is life. Rumour has it I'll be waiting 6 months to a year to be released. Sound resaonable?

Thanks for any comments.

Sounds like we are both in the same sinking boat - grab a paddle!

I hurt my knee on CAP and they put me straight away on a PCAT (which I am fighting!). Mine has been in progress since May and I'm now awaiting for my disclosure package.  Basically, they decide if they'll accommodate you, release you or recommend you for a COT.  My PCAT puts me out of my trades medical standards so maybe you would have an edge on me.

Most important advice I can give you is be sure to communicate with you case manager and if you don't have one get one ASAP.  If you don't agree with something, get a second opinion. 

Did you complete BOTP?  If you haven't that could be bad.  If they do release you, it'll normally take another 4-6 months to get out.

Good luck!

I didn't complete BOTP, thus my release seems imminent. I'm pretty sure I could complete BOTP with my ankle as it is, but this injury is permanent, and it would only get worse later in my career. If there was a situation where I could complete BOTP and then not have to run every day for the next 3 years then maybe there's hope for me. I don't think that trade exisits (CELE? do those guys run? ;))

My degree's in physics. I can do almost anything but it's a moot point, my PCAT is acceptable for SIG O, just not for the training.

Depending on a number of circumstances, it take from1 to 6 months for them to decide and return the 2088 form back to you for your signature.

Back